The Law and Christian Science
- Wisdom from sufferingâ€¦. Colatch, John Patrick // Christian Century;1/26/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Nicholas Wolterstorff's article "The Way to Justice," from the December 1, 2009 issue.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Plotkin, Stanley A.; Miner, Josh; Barefoot, Ryan; Sarukhan, Arturo; De Lay, Brigette; Smith, Adam C.; Scammell, Michael // Atlantic;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 305 Issue 1, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the article "Shots in the Dark" by Shannon Brownlee and Jeanne Lenzer in the November 2009 issue, a response by Brownlee and Lenzer to a letter to the editor about their article "Shots in the Dark"...
- Out-of-court options. Maxwell, J. // Christianity Today;5/27/91, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p42
Examines the practice of Christians suing Christians. Scriptural teaching about litigation among believers; Slowly growing popularity of Christian arbitration and mediation as alternatives to secular court; Christian conciliation organizations such as the Association of Christian Conciliation...
- Mainline organizations explore paths of cooperation. TeSelle, Gene // Network News;Winter2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
Reports on issues discussed at a meeting of non-official justice organizations in mainline churches in the United States. Includes the Christians for Justice Action; Disciples Justice Action Network and the Methodist Federation for Social Action; Includes the decline in denominations; Growth of...
- MESSIAH AND JUSTICE: A KEY TO MATTHEW'S USE OF ISAIAH 42.1-4? Beaton, Richard // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Sep99, Issue 75, p5
Attempts to demonstrate the motif of justice on the importance of Isaiah 42.1-4 to Matthew 12.18-21. Comparison between the just treatment of Jesus and the judgments of the Pharisees; Association of justice with the concept of justice, mercy, salvation and the rule of the ideal David in the Old...
- MESSAGE FROM THE EDITORS. // Political Theology;Jul2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p385
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the article "The Ways of Judgement," by Oliver O'Donovan, an article about the Bible and justice, and a report on democracy.
- The Venezuelan bishop's conference... // National Catholic Reporter;9/24/93, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the Venezuelan bishop's conference's call for the prosecution of Brazilian gold miners believed responsible for the July massacre of Yanomami Indians in the Amazon jungle. Bishops' belief that killings is part of a genocide campaign.
- Imprisonment could hardly be more to the point. Berrigan, Philip // National Catholic Reporter;2/11/94, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p17
Discusses the readiness of some Christians to be jailed in the pursuit of social change. Unity with the poor and confronting homelessness through jail; Risking jail without seeking it; Struggle against principalities and powers; Christ's question about his identity; Fundamental problem of the...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.