Richard John Neuhaus replies:
- 'Fairer Treatment' Urged In Reporting on Dispute Over 'Secular Humanism'. Oppewal, Donald // Education Week;11/12/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p19
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "On Trial: Secular Humanism in the Schools," in the October 15, 1986 issue.
- A Paradigm Shift. K., Calvin // Humanist;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p50
Presents a letter to the editor relating the authors beliefs, in response to the article "How Religious Is Secular Humanism?" by Leo Pfeffer in the September/October issue, that secular humanism is, indeed, a true religion.
- Schools Urged To Stress Understanding of Science. Beach, John E. // Education Week;11/6/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Great Secular-Humanism Debate Reveals a Truth About Public Schooling," in the October 16, 1985 issue.
- Democratic State Requires Parental Role in Education. Baird, Bob // Education Week;11/27/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p19
A letter to the editor in response to Robert Primack's letter attacking Stephen Arons' commentary on the secular-humanism debate is presented.
- A Plea for Tolerance. Sierichs Jr., William // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jan1995, Issue 49, p5
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article about secular humanism by Richard John Neuhaus, published in the "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- Homeward Bound. Murray, Robert B. // America;7/2/2012, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Patricia Cary, on the need for male leaders to connect more to 'secular' people, particularly women, in the May 28, 2012 issue.
- OUT OF THE CRADLE. Ashworth, Stephen // Prospect;Dec2006, Issue 129, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a foreword on secular humanism in the November 2006 issue.
- Canada's Secular Wedge. Atwood, Del // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep2004, Issue 145, p10
Presents a letter to the editor of "First Things" affirming correspondent Raymond J. de Souza's depiction of the secular-humanist state in Canada.
- LETTERS. Lazar, John E. // National Review;2/5/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Presents a reader's views on article on the secular humanism allegedly afflicting the "New York Times" newspaper published in the December 31, 1989, issue of the "National Review" periodical.