Religion and Communitarianism
- Hierarchy, Good and Bad. Frohnen, Bruce // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1997, Issue 76, p10
Presents a letter to the editor about communitarians.
- Corrosive communities. Badger, Philip // Prospect;May2012, Issue 194, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Received wisdom," by Philip Hunter published in the April 2012 issue.
- Communitarianism: A Foundation for Communication Symmetry. Culbertson, Hugh M.; Chen, Ni // Public Relations Quarterly;Summer97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p36
Outlines several basic premises of communitarianism. Factors that make a behavior right or wrong; Social cohesion; Importance of identifying core values and beliefs in enhancing a sense of community; Balancing rights and responsibilities.
- Crisis, what crisis? Leadbeater, Charles // New Statesman & Society;06/28/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4288, p17
Focuses on the communitarian counter-revolution in Great Britain. Crisis of confidence in liberal values; Overstated case against economic liberalism; Change in the risk of redundancy of among professional, white-collar workers; New Labour's offer to assist people to equip themselves more...
- Communitarianism: A new paradigm of socioeconomic analysis. Wagner, Antonin // Journal of Socio-Economics;Winter95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p593
Focuses on communitarianism. Analysis on the disciplinary matrix embodied in socioeconomic thought; Methodological individualism and utilitarianism; Core assumption of the neoclassical paradigm; Organizational structure of economic actors; Introduction of social rights and social justice.
- Balancing individuals rights and the common good. Etzioni, Amitai // Tikkun;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p66
Focuses on the approach of communitarianism to weight out the rights of an individual with the needs of the community. Application of communitarian principles to public policy areas; Circumstances where an individuals privacy is eroded; Advantages of giving up some privacy.
- Yaron Ezrahi helps Israel enter the Eighteenth Century. // Tikkun;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Editorial. Comments on Yaron Ezrahi book entitled `Rubber Bullets' where he is seeking to identify Israels' attachment with communities of meaning. Mechanisms for conformism; Comparison of American society to Israeli society; Framework Israelis employ to give themselves meaning in life.
- LETTERS. // Community Care;9/4/2003, Issue 1488, p24
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Concerns raised over fees in care homes; Removal of children and young people with terminal illnesses in family life; Comments on the column of John McTernan on the British government's drive toward...
- Total quality debate. Conner, Roger L.; Fischer, Claude S.; Jordan, John M.; Pitney Jr., John J.; Allsworth, Douglas; Mowle, Thomas S. // New Republic;8/23/93 -8/30/93, Vol. 209 Issue 8/9, p4
Presents letters to the editor about the communitarian impulse in the administration of United States President Bill Clinton. Linkage of managerialism to liberalism; Source of Clinton's philosophy and the politics of meaning; Image of communitarians as pragmatic reformers; Notion of social...