A Little Luddite Humor
- CORRESPONDENCE. Austin, D. Andrew; Yates, Brock; Bryant, Arthur; Cotton, Nancy; Gallagher, Michael // New Republic;3/13/89, Vol. 200 Issue 11, p6
Presents several letters to the editor in reference to Henry Fairlie's article "Fear of Living," published in the January 23 issue; View that the article strikes a deadly blow at the new class of nitwit Luddites and Savonarolas who would immobilize the nation; Falseness of Fairlie's argument...
- The technology counterrevolution. Connolly, Bruce // Online;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p111
Reviews the article `Return of the Luddites,' by Jon Katz published in the June 1995 issue of the `Wired' magazine.
- Confessions of an upgraded luddite. // Management;Apr97, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p80
Discusses the insights of a luddite regarding technological advances. Description of computers in the past; Comparison of typewriters and computers; Description of employees aged 55 years and over with regard to information and technology in the workplace.
- LETTERS. Faulkner, James; Price, David; McEntee, Nancy; Smith, Peter W.; Fetters, Tom; Shelly, Kathleen; Fisch, Jack H. // Smithsonian;May2011, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues of "Smithsonian." Topics discussed include former U.S. president Andrew Jackson, Gullah culture in Georgia, and Luddites.
- Song of the Luddite. Spellman, A.B. // Massachusetts Review;Winter99/2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p597
Presents the poem `Song of the Luddite.'
- Luddites awake to haunt science festival. Coghan, Andy // New Scientist;3/16/96, Vol. 149 Issue 2021, p9
Reports on the efforts by Latter-Day Luddites to wreck the British government's attempts to promote the 1996 National Week of Science, Engineering and Technology. Targeting events that promote militaristic or environmentally harmful applications of technology; Protecting the anonymity of their...
- Hey web, get a ludd of this. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;10/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p74
Provides information on Luddism in relation to the Web site. Date in which luddism began; Reference to Ned Ludd, founder of luddism; Detailed information on luddism.
- A Luddite for Every Century. Stork, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the author's views and insights about the rights of Luddites to complain on new conditions to be imposed on them without consideration or consultation. Effect of Luddites' initial, violent response on employers and employees; Impact of post-Luddites in education on physical education;...
- SHORTER NOTICES. Turner, Michael J. // English Historical Review;Apr2000, Vol. 115 Issue 461, p478
Reviews the book `The Luddite Rebellion,' by Brian Bailey.