Daniel Callahan replies:
- Hastings Center leadership. Bergen Jr., S.S. // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
Announces that Dr. Daniel Callahan will continue to serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the Hastings Center. Dr. Callahan's earlier decision to step down from that position; His reconsideration; More.
- Daniel Callahan to step down. // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun95, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p45
Announces the retirement of Daniel Callahan, co-founder and president of The Hastings Center in the summer of 1996. Message from chairman of the board Robert F. Longley; Message from Callahan.
- 1996 general meeting. // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the general meeting of the Hastings Center in New York City slated for June 7-8, 1996. Honor to be given to retiring president Daniel Callahan; Featured activities.
- Daniel Callahan: On living (well) within limits. May, William F. // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p16
Presents excerpts from a keynote address delivered by Daniel Callahan at the 1996 general meeting of Hastings Center in New York City. Fulfillment of the role of public intellectual; Posing of the question of the good life and the good society; Books by Callahan.
- Pluralism and the New Pluralism. GLEASON, PHILIP // America;3/7/1964, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p308
The author clarifies the differences between pluralism and the new pluralism. Citing various essays, he interprets pluralism as a concept which characterizes the society. Various definitions of the "new pluralism" were cited in the articles by Daniel Callahan in the September 6, 1963 issue of...
- The Iron Friar. Hines-Brigger, Susan // Saint Anthony Messenger;Nov2013, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the life and works of Father Daniel Callahan, a pastor at Saint Joan of Arch Parish in Toronto, Ontario. Callahan has been called as the Iron Friar due to his participation in fundraising triathlons. The restoration of churches through the funds raised by Callahan with the...
- Setting Limits. WILSON, MARYLEE // America;6/25/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p21
The article reviews the book "Setting Limits," by Daniel Callahan.
- Abortion: Law, Choice and Morality (Book). Jacobs, Richard C.; Louisell, David W. // California Law Review;Oct70, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p1257
Reviews the book 'Abortion: Law, Choice and Morality,' by Daniel Callahan.
- Book Reviews. Geraci, Jane // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Feb1999, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p142
Reviews the book 'False Hopes: Why America's Quest for Perfect Health Is a Recipe for Failure,' by Daniel Callahan.