- Shel Silverstein's 'The Giving Tree' turns 50, goes digital. // Washington Jewish Week;2/13/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p39
The article presents information on 50th anniversary of the book "The Giving Tree!" by Shel Silverstein and mentions that to celebrate the late author's other four titles that came out in 1964 the book will make its digital debut via HarperCollins as of February 2014.
- Classic children's book. Spite, Ellen Handler // American Heritage;May/Jun99, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on the most overrated and underrated classic children's book. Shel Silverstein's `The Giving Tree'; Helen Bannerman's `The Story of Little Black Sambo.'
- The Giving Tree Sprouts E-Book. HALPERIN, SHIRLEY // Hollywood Reporter;2/14/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 6, p20
The article reports that the book "The Giving Tree," by Shel Silverstein will be released in electronic (e)-book format in 2014.
- A Little Show Biz Shows Off Young Students' Skills. Moore, Patience // Teaching Music;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p65
The article reviews the book "The Giving Tree," by Shel Silverstein.
- All She Does Is Win. // Cosmopolitan;Sep2016, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p52
The article features Abby Wambach, a retired soccer superstar, and offers information on her favorite source of entertainment including "The Giving Tree" book by Shel Silverstein, "Women's World Cup final" television show and "Braveheart" film.
- Team teaching with Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein in the college basic reading classroom. Juchartz, Larry R. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p336
Illustrates how presenting books as living texts can help create a hunger in students for the pleasures and rewards of active meaning making. Use of Dr. Seuss's "The Sneetches and Other Stories" in an upper level African American literature course; Illustration provided by the book "The Giving...
- Corinne Baker. // Teaching Young Children;Apr/May2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p32
The article profiles Corinne Baker, the head teacher and owner of The Creative Preschool in Wilbraham, Massachusetts. It says that she was a reader of the journal "Teaching Young Children" since 2011. It states that her favorite book is "The Giving Tree," by Shel Silverstein. It adds that her...
- Bard Brain. Smolowe, Jill; Campbell, Julia; Hannah, John; Harmes, Joseph; Pascual, Aixa M. // People;05/24/99, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p64
Remembers the life of poet/artist Shel Silverstein, who died in May 1999. Popularity of his books `The Giving Tree,' and `Where the Sidewalk Ends'; Songs that he wrote; Awards; Reactions to his death.
- The Giving Tree (Book). Douglas, Lorraine // CM: Canadian Review of Materials;6/18/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reviews the book "The Giving Tree," by Shel Silverstein.