- Quashing 'dissent'. EWENS, THOMAS // Commonweal;3/8/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Jerry Ryan's article "Orthodoxy & Dissent," in the February 8, 2012 issue.
- RCA: We don't proactively seek to reevaluate past conversions. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/ 7/2014, p1
NEW YORK (JTA) -- The Rabbinical Council of America denied a prominent rabbi's accusation that it is actively negating past conversions.
- The Rise of Social Orthodoxy: A Personal Account. Lefkowitz, Jay P. // Commentary;Apr2014, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p37
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses the reasons why he considers himself a member of the "Social Orthodoxy" American Jewish community.
- THE OTHER CHRISTIANITY TODAY. OLSEN, TED // Christianity Today;Oct2016, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p7
An introduction to the journal is presented which includes articles on topics including "Why Christianity Today' Revisited" religious liberty and beautiful orthodoxy.
- Uniting as a people. NEWMARK, JOYCE // New Jersey Jewish News;6/12/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p30
The article discusses differences in Jewish communities from ancient times including conservative, religious and secular, and orthodox, and suggests that unity and mutual trust of Jewish people keep them together in spite of their differences.
- ASK THE REBBETZIN. KORFF, Rebbetzin // Jewish Advocate;6/7/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 23, p10
The article presents questions and their answers related to human psychology including how to handle anger and meaning of orthodox.
- RUSSIAN ICONS IN A NATIVE CHURCH: CONFLICT IN CULTURE IN WESTERN ALASKA. Gerasim (Eliel), Abbot // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2012, preceding p1
Through a combination of historical sources, field journeys, and interviews, this paper uses modern hermeneutic theory to evaluate the role of visual imagery in the dynamics of the conversion of Alaska Native people to the Orthodox faith. Reviewing the preaching of the gospel by Russian Orthodox...
- REPLY ALL. GREEN, C. J.; WETESNIK, CHARLES; Galli, Mark; KENT, BLAKE V.; SCOVILLE, GORDON G.; HAAS JR., DEAN; HUNT, PAT; PALMQUIST, DANNY; TATE, MITCH; SOBOLIK, STEVE // Christianity Today;Dec2016, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p13
Letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles published in the October 2016 issue on topics including religious orthodoxy, power of grace, and fascist nature of presidential candidate.
- The Transformation of Social Mentality of Economy: Hellas and Turkey. Teazis, Christos // Turkish Yearbook of International Relations;2011, Vol. 42, p129
In western countries the life of a human being is a composition of inevitable circumstances or coincidences. But in Eastern societies the life of a human being is his destiny. This approach to human life in West and East shows two different ways of thinking which undoubtedly, shapes the...