- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. De Launay, Herbert; Jennings, Michael; Butler, Michael; Cronauer, Mary Ann; Wysochansky, Walter J.; Gonzalez, Cynthia // Our Sunday Visitor;12/28/2008, Vol. 97 Issue 35, p22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one about the role of shepherds at the first Christmas, "Prelates warn Obama not to push abortion bills" in the November 30, 2008 issue, and Pro-life witness" in the November 30, 2008 issue.
- Voice of Good Shepherd promises safe way home. Dubord, Nancy A. // National Catholic Reporter;05/23/97, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p2
Presents a homily about the story of the Good Shepherd in the Bible and its relation to employee loyalty. Trend of dismissing old and experienced employees to be replaced by new recruits; Need for us to trust the one who guards the sheep with his life; Safeguarding the innocence of the children...
- SEEDS FROM THE SOWER. Guido, Michael A. // Ellis County Press;6/13/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
The article offers the author's insights on Psalm 23:1 which states that when people ask the Lord to become their Shepherd and personal Savior, they create personal relationship with Him and their life changes.
- Shepherds Needed. // America;07/15/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p30
Presents information on a story about shepherds in the Bible. Views about the story; Role of Jesus Christ to shepherds.
- Living by the Word. Arnold, Talitha; Stendahl, John // Christian Century;11/6/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 23, p18
Discusses several Bible passages. Roles of a good shepherd; Significance of the celebration of Advent.
- Righteous shepherd. OLSON, CARL // Our Sunday Visitor;4/21/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p14
No abstract available.
- ONE FLOCK. // America;4/18/1942, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p44
In this article the author shares his views on Jesus Christ as a shepherd of men. The author argues that like the best shepherds who look out for their flocks, Christ did the same for humanity. The author posits that the best way to show appreciation towards Christ is to help usher in other...
- The Shepherd Metaphor In 1 Peter 5:2-4: Implications For Pastor And Church. Rupp, Gene R. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;1986, p1
Presents the dissertation entitled "The Shepherd Metaphor in 1 Peter 5:2-4: Implications for Pastor and Church". Live and dead metaphors; Shepherd concept in the scriptures; Use of the shepherd metaphor in 1 Peter 5.
- KEEPING WATCH OVER THE FLOCK. Keller, Phillip // Saturday Evening Post;Dec1982, Vol. 254 Issue 9, p64
Presents an excerpt from the book "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23," by Phillip Keller.