Postmodernism and Deconstruction
- Traditional Postmodernism? Jensen, Steven M. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1996, Issue 64, p9
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Idols of the Century," in the March 1996 issue of "First Things."
- Traditional Postmodernism? // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1996, Issue 64, p9
Presents a response by James Nuechterlein to a letter to the editor about his article "Idols of the Century," which appeared in the March 1996 issue of "First Things."
- Editorial. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Jan2001, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. Focuses on the relationship between postmodernity and the Church. Views of several biblical scholars and theologians on the impact of postmodernity on the Church; Interpretation of biblical narratives through postmodernist theories.
- THE TAMING OF IRRELIGION. ESSAY ON THE ABUSE OF THE NON-SACRED IDEA. Piotrowski, Kazimierz // Art Inquiry;2014, Vol. 16, p215
I am going to outline the problem of the disintegration of the Latin hierarchical opposition religio/irreligio, showing the taming process of irreligion in the (post)modern culture. This marginal phenomenon - situated by ancient Romans in the domain of negativity - is a reactive cultural trend...
- Retraction Notice. // Journal of Islamic Studies;Jan2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p127
The article offers a correction to the article "Islam and Post-Modernism: Locating the Rise of Islamism in Turkey," by Anwar Alam in the journal's volume 20, issue 3.
- From Peshat to Derash and back again: Talmud for the modern religious Jew. Ochs, Peter // Judaism;Summer97, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p271
Probes the reasons behind the emerging focus of American Jewish thought on the Talmud in the postmodern age. Realization of the loss of hegemony in regnant ideologies of the modern west; Failure of faith in humanism; Speculative hermeneutical reflection; Reintegration of scholarly and...
- History, dogma, and nature: Further reflections on postmodernism and theology. Bonsor, Jack A. // Theological Studies;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p295
Argues that postmodern philosophical perspectives can enlighten the complex character of Christian tradition. Comments on Thomas Guarino's essay on postmodernity's incompatibility with Christian tradition; Problematic character of the relationship between dogmatic truth and history;...
- Bounded Openness: Postmodernism, Feminism, and the Church Today. Jones, Serene // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Jan2001, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p49
Discusses the relationship between postmodernism, feminism and Christianity. Analysis of the difference between postmodernism and feminism; Complexity about the constitutive role of gender dualisms in Western thought; Reformed view of the church.
- LOCATING THE POSTSECULAR. Kaufmann, Michael // Religion & Literature;Autumn2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p68
Information about the topics discussed during the forum that originated from "The Postsecular Turn in Literary Studies" session at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Religion in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Topics focused on the relationships between post-secularism and...