Fighting the Gnostics
- Pursuit of Effectiveness. Talsma, Eugene // Social Work;Nov73, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p121
Presents a letter to the editor about manifestation of nihilism.
- Mailbox. Savage, Patricia // Orion Magazine;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The World at Gunpoint," by Derrick Jensen which appeared in the May/June 2009 issue.
- Freud on the Mind. Burston, Daniel // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1992, Issue 22, p2
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "The Mindless Self: Freud Triumphant," in the December 1991 issue of "First Things."
- Marjorie Rosenberg replies:. Rosenberg, Marjorie // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1992, Issue 22, p3
Presents a response by Marjorie Rosenberg to letter to the editor about her article "The Mindless Self: Freud Triumphant," which appeared in the December 1991 issue of "First Things."
- CORRESPONDENCE. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jan2004, Issue 139, p2
Presents letters to the editor on cultural related issues. Premises of the marriage amendment; Foundations of nihilism; Proposed changes in the legal definition of death; State of Jewish Orthodoxy.
- Faithful Intolerance. Daniel, Billy // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep2004, Issue 145, p11
Presents a letter to the editor of "First Things" criticizing author John M. Owens for alleged religious nihilism.
- PRO AMERICANISM. Heather, Rosemary // C: International Contemporary Art;Spring2005, Issue 85, p5
The article discusses various articles published within the issue, including nihilism among artists by Earl Miller, and roots of Paper Rad in Providence, Rhode Island, by Jenifer Papararo.
- Correspondence. Coleman, Mc Alister; Izard, Ralph; Chamberlain, John; Rogers Jr., Will; Georg, Manfred // New Republic;7/26/39, Vol. 99 Issue 1286, p336
Presents several letters to the editor. Comment on Trotskyism; Reasons for the failure of liberals, progressives and radicals in the election campaigns; Views on the Marx theory of labor; Publication of five hundred copies of a book dedicated to James Lardner, the last American volunteer of the...
- Does environmental ethics need a metaphysical grounding? Vogel, Lawrence // Hastings Center Report;1995 Supplement, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p30
Analyzes the philosopher Hans Jonas' philosophical critique of nihilism. Expansion of existential interpretation to biological facts; Recognizing materialism as a metaphysical prejudice; Acknowledging the presence of subjective value; Grounding for ontological goodness; Theology for overcoming...