- LETTER OF THE MONTH ANDRO OWNERS? Em; Wilkinson, Jill; Louisa; Vicky; Harris, D.; Ana // Diva;Jan2012, Issue 188/189, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Girls Will Be Boys," in the December 2011, lesbianism and men reading fishing periodicals.
- Scaling the construct androgyny: Reply to Willemsen. Miller, Susan M.; Kottke, Janet L. // Psychological Reports;Oct93, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p623
Addresses author T.M. Willemsen's critique of researcher Janet Kottke's study on the enigma of androgyny. Definition and measurement of masculinity, femininity and androgyny; Cognitive structuring of masculinity and femininity; Researchers' orthogonal view; Lay public's bipolar view;...
- The boys on MTV. Gandee, Charles // Vogue;Jun93, Vol. 183 Issue 6, p124
Describes the use of women's clothing by young male performers on stage and in concerts. `In Bloom' video by Nirvana; Use of dresses by Red Hot Chili Peppers and U2; Appearance of the lead singer of the Stone Temple Pilots wearing female clothing at the Spring Break `93.
- On the bipolarity of androgyny: A critical comment on Kottke (1988). Willemsen, Tineke M. // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p327
Examines Kottke's ideas on androgyny as undimensional and whether this concept could be assessed with a single bipolar Masculinity-Femininity scale with Androgyny as a midpoint. Designations of sexuality; Self-perception of androgyny; Theoretical points needing consideration; More.
- Androgyny. // Columbia Dictionary of Quotations from Shakespeare;1998, p16
The article presents two quotations related to the term "androgyny" taken from the plays "Twelfth Night," and "Sonnet 20," both written by William Shakespeare.
- Those great old androgynous saints. Batz, Jeannette // National Catholic Reporter;05/01/98, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p18
Focuses on the idea that all saints are androgynous. Androgyny as a source of power; Traits of saints that are considered to be androgynous; Scary aspect of androgyny.
- Erratum: Androgyny and Sex-Typing: Differences in Beliefs Regarding Gender Polarity in Ratings of Ideal Men and Women (Vol. 9, No.4). // Sex Roles;Jul83, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p847
A correction to the article "Androgyny and Sex-Typing: Differences in Beliefs Regarding Gender Polarity in Ratings of Ideal Men and Women" published in the Vol. 9, No. 4 issue is presented.
- BUTCH. // Advocate;8/27/75, Issue 171, p24
Focuses on the manhood of gay men. Signs of drifts toward androgyny; Preference for one night stands.
- COGNITIVE MEDIATION OF SEX-ROLE ORIENTATION. Neimeyer, Greg J.; Banikiotes, Paul G.; Merluzzi, Thomas V. // Social Behavior & Personality: an international journal;1981, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p49
Seventy-two androgynous and sex-role stereotyped male undergraduates participated in a study which sought to explore the possible cognitive mediation of sex-role orientation. After reading a paragraph consisting of contrived thought listings of an individual considering the purchase of a car, Ss...