Sinner or Sinned-Against?
- Sinner or Sinned-Against? Plantinga Jr., Cornelius // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1993, Issue 32, p8
Presents a letter to the editor about Jacob Neusner's review of the book "The Seven Deadly Sins," by Solomon Schimmel, which appeared in the January 1991 issue of "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- Jacob Neusner replies. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1993, Issue 32, p10
Presents a response by Jacob Neusner to letters to the editor about his review of the book "The Seven Deadly Sins," by Solomon Schimmel, which appeared in the January 1991 issue of "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- Letters to the Editor. Kaiser, Susan; Killigrew, Philomena P.; Yuenger, Paul; Smith, Robert E. // Catholic Answer;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p35
Several letters to the editor are presented including a response to an article in the previous issue regarding the presupposition of Father Ray Rayland regarding married priests, a suggestion to talk about the seven deadly sins especially on gluttony, and letters of gratitude and encouragement...
- inbox. // Ignite Your Faith;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p4
The article presents several letters to the editor in response to articles which appeared in the June/July 2006 issue, including the article "My Struggle With Lust," "I Wanted to Help. Tim Said Pray," and "Will Your Summer Count."
- Correspondence. Riedl, Hal; Anderson, William B.; Moorehead, Lee C.; Block, Richard; Bosserman, David; Parker, Thomas R. // New Republic;11/19/77, Vol. 177 Issue 21, p9
Presents several letters to the editor. Comment on the series created by Henry Fairlie on the seven deadly sins; Objection to the article "Lust or Luxuria," by Henry Fairlie; Opinion on the article "Avarice or Avaritia," by Henry Fairlie.
- The powers made us do it. Wink, Walter // Christian Century;11/1/95, Vol. 112 Issue 31, p1017
Evaluates Cornelius Plantinga's reflections on committing the seven deadly sins. Plantinga's rejection of environmental determinism; Weighing the degree of blame; Lack of focus on the emancipatory power.
- Lust -- why it's the 'it' vice among the Seven Deadlies. Eberstadt, Mary // Our Sunday Visitor;2/14/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 42, p22
The article presents a discussion about lust, one of the seven deadly sins.
- Sloth sneaks up when we're too busy to notice. Eberstadt, Mary // Our Sunday Visitor;1/31/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 40, p14
The article explains the religious aspects of being a sloth.
- This Lent: 1-1-1. Erlandson, Greg // Our Sunday Visitor;3/4/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 45, p18
The article discusses the 1-1-1 plan of Father James Shafer of Fort Wayne, Indiana, to help Catholics make and achieve their Lenten goal of overcoming some of the deadly sins, one sin at a time.