Theonomy and Scripture
- Book reviews. Stenger, Mary Ann // Journal of Church & State;Winter92, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p169
Reviews the book `Theonomy: A Reformed Critique,' edited by William S. Barker and W. Robert Godfrey.
- Deconstructing reconstruction. Barron, B. // Christianity Today;11/25/91, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p36
Reviews the book `Theonomy: A Reformed Critique,' edited by William S. Barker and W. Robert Godfrey. Studies the concept of advocating the application of biblical law to all of modern society.
- Spare the rock, spoil the child, says Reconstructionist. // Church & State;Mar1999, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p16
Reports on Christian Reconstructionist pastor William Einwechter' defense of the practice of stoning disobedient children, citing biblical rationale. Article by Einwechter in the journal `Chalcedon Report'; Einwechter as vice-moderator of the Association of Free Reformed Churches;...
- NATURAL LAW AS A "WORK OF REASON": UNDERSTANDING THE METAPHYSICS OF PARTICIPATED THEONOMY. Rhonheimer, Martin // American Journal of Jurisprudence;2010, Vol. 55, p41
The article discusses the significance of the document "The Search for Universal Ethics: A New Look at Natural Law," presented by the Institute of Theological Commission (ITC) to advocate universal ethics under the natural law tradition. It explains that several factor should be considered to...
- PAUL TILLICH AND THE THEOLOGY OF GERMAN RELIGIOUS SOCIALISM. Marsden, John // Political Theology;Jan2009, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p31
Although Tillich is better known for his later work in the United States, it was in his earlier religious socialism that he forged many of the central features of what proved lasting in his theology The political ferment following the collapse of imperial Germany after the First World War had...
- THEONOMIC POSTMILLENNIALISM. // Armageddon Now;2006, p396
Information about Theonomic Postmillennialism is presented. It highlights the definition of theonomy which is often denoted with the concept of human society. It also features Christian Reconstructionism through the success of preaching, evangelism, and ministry. Advents of Jesus Christ was also...
- THEONOMY: A REFORMED CRITIQUE. Curry, Dean C. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1991, Issue 14, p53
Reviews the book "Theonomy: A Reformed Critique," edited by William S. Barker and W. Robert Godfrey.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.