Christians and Development
- Valuable investmentsâ€¦. MacHaffie, Barbara // Christian Century;11/3/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 22, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the September 8, 2009 issue's article "Economics for Disciples," by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove, regarding the religious implications of personal finance.
- Reading the Bible for the Wrong Reasons. Pregeant, Russell // New Politics;Summer2012, Vol. 14 Issue 53, p6
A response from the author of an article about biblical economics published in the Winter 2012 issue is presented.
- Letters. Kramer, Marilyn; Reutemann, Charles; Keane, John F.; Trutter, Richard E.; Myers, Rawley; Galbis, Ignacio // America;11/9/1985, Vol. 153 Issue 13, p308
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including Monica Hellwig's commentary on the Sunday Scriptures in the October 6, 1985 issue, "Of Many Things" in the September 19, 1985 issue and "Putting Our House in Order: Economic Justice Within the...
- 'Certified nerd' cites benefits of Gnosticism, diversity & mystery. Hawkins, Bruce; Rominger, Patty; Cotton, Marie F.; Rhodes, Wilbur // Progressive Christian (19347316);Summer2009, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by Fred Plummer on gnosticism and different religious needs of different people, one appreciating the magazine for providing thoughtful essays on Christianity, and "Rethinking Religion and...
- LETTERS. Hartmann, Edward; McElhinney, Eileen; Nye, Roberta; Holloway, Winifred; Gallagher, Michael; Gallagher, Irene; Zatlukal, J. M.; Rainold, Emile A.; Rucquoi, Adele Azar; Thornton, Kathy; McDonald, Rita; Spongberg, Lena; Maier, Marie // National Catholic Reporter;2/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article in previous issues including "Bundling Sainthood," by John Allen in the January 8, 2010 issue, "The Irish Difference," by Tom Robert in the January 8, 2010 issue, and "ecoskeptics," by John Allen in the January 8, 2010 issue.
- Correspondence. SCOTT, MARTIN J.; OLIVER, ROBERT T.; CAMPBELL, ROY B.; CAMPION, DONALD // America;11/1/1947, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p140
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Two Questions About Western Europe," by Father Masse in the October 18, 1947 issue, another by Father Gardiner on Catholic education in the September 20 issue and another one about the need for...
- Prayer and economic justice. // Christian Science Monitor;6/6/96, Vol. 88 Issue 134, p17
Presents a spiritual perspective into the issue of economy. Evils associated with the economy; Analysis of the concept of compensation and sharing using Biblical tenets; Need to challenge the belief that there should be poor people.
- Judaism and a just economy. Hauptmann, Judith // Tikkun;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the instructions provided for social and economic justice as provided by the Jewish holy books, the Torah and the Talmud. Justice, good works and philanthropy as pillars of just society; Classical Jewish texts on welfare and morality of charities; Judaism and economic reform.
- Jews, money, and social responsibility. Bush, Lawrence; Dekro, Jeffrey // Tikkun;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p33
Claims that Judaism should and does concern itself with the holiness potential of money. Money as measurement of power and status; Fear over Jew stereotype; Emphasis on stewardship; Sources for the development of Torah of Money; Socially responsible money movement; Reasons behind Jewish...