Gastric ulceration due to chronic mesenteric ischaemia treated by stenting of the inferior mesenteric artery
- Combined posterior and anterior approach to the superior mesenteric artery : the advantages of the 'hanging maneuver'. Marzano, Ettore; Piardi, Tullio; Marescaux, Jacques; Pessaux, Patrick // Langenbeck's Archives of Surgery;Aug2012, Vol. 397 Issue 6, p1023
A letter to the editor is presented in response to article "Superior mesenteric artery first combined with uncinate process approach versus uncinate process first approach in pancreatoduodenectomy: a comparative study evaluating perioperative outcomes," by Shrikhande and colleagues.
- Practical application of body mass index to various diseases associated with the nutcracker effect in children and adults. Shin, Jae; Lee, Jae // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Aug2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p527
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Measurement of the distance and angle between the aorta and superior mesenteric artery: normal values in different BMI categories" in the 2007 issue.
- Endovascular intervention for a spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection. van Uden, Dominique J. P.; Verhulst, Fleur; Robers-Brouwer, Hanneke; Reijnen, Michel M. P. J. // Vascular Medicine;02/01/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p79
The article presents a case study of a 52-year-old man who went to the emergency department with acute epigastric pain. The man had neither previous medical history nor recent abdominal trauma and physical examination showed normal hemodynamic tenderness and parameters over the epigastric area....
- Isolated Dissection of Superior Mesenteric Artery. Taherkhani, Maryam; Reza Hashemi, Seyyed; Nikpoor, Shahryar // Journal of Tehran University Heart Center;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p140
Isolated dissection of the superior mesenteric artery is a rare occurrence with a hitherto unknown exact etiology. Patients may present with abdominal symptoms or hemodynamic instability. We herein present a case of spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection in a 48-year-old man,...
- Intra-Arterial Infusion of Papaverine to Relieve Superior Mesenteric Artery Vasoconstriction in a Neonate with Midgut Volvulus. Williamson, Susan L.; Tisnado, Jaime; Cook, Doug E.; Barnhardt, Glen; Salzberg, Arnold M. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1986, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p236
The use of intra-arterial papaverine in an attempt to decrease superior mesenteric artery vasoconstriction in a neonate with surgically reduced midgut volvulus is presented.
- Diagnosis and Management of Aneurysms Involving the Superior Mesenteric Artery and Its Branches. Lorelli, David R.; Cambria, Robert A.; Seabrook, Gary R.; Towne, Jonathan B. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p59
Aneurysms of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) are an uncommon but lethal entity, which must be treated expeditiously to avoid mortality and high incidence of ischemic small bowel complications. In the past 7 years the authors have treated 4 patients with a variety of types of aneurysms...
- Bisacodyl abuse. // Reactions Weekly;10/30/2010, Issue 1325, p10
The article describes the case of a 29-year-old woman who developed superior mesenteric artery (SMA) following bisacodyl abuse.
- Superior mesenteric artery syndrome. Kaufman, David J; Al-Kharrat, Houssam; Grayer, David // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS132
An abstract of the article "Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome," by David J. Kaufman, Houssam Al-Kharrat, and David Grayer is presented.
- Internal medicine (clinical vignettes) & (research). // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS44
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `An unusual case of abdominal pain: Idiopathic acute mesenteric vein thrombosis,' by S. Shafazand and S. Shadowitz from the University of Toronto.