- 'Tis the season for once-a-year stock sale. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;10/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p21
Discusses the occurrence of dramatic discounting of stocks and ways to take advantage of it in the portfolio. Rules that inhibit a mutual fund from making many moves that use with individual clients; List of stocks; Funds that own scores of stocks in the portfolios.
- Best in Show. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p47
Gives advice on the selection of mutual funds particularly those influenced by the fund manager that are associated with equity funds. Characteristics of top-performing funds; Factors to consider in the management of mutual funds; Categories of mutual funds.
- How to Determine Basis of Stock and Mutual Funds. Donohoo, Jim // Business Forum;Summer84, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p31
Discusses how to determine the basis of stock and mutual funds. Proper identification of the stock sold; Use of averaging methods; Importance of the written confirmation from the agent regarding the selection.
- WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY. Vujovich, Dian // Entrepreneur;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p48
Reveals the benefits and drawbacks of investing in international smaller-cap stocks. Comparison with counterparts in the United States; Portfolio management techniques of the MFS International New Discovery Fund; Rating of the mutual fund by Morningstar and Lipper.
- Time to look overseas. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;12/19/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 24, p21
The article author presents his views on investing abroad. The article author has always been a big believer in investing abroad. Putting 10 to 20 percent of money in foreign stocks helps to diversify one's portfolio, because U.S. and foreign economies don't always move in lockstep. True,...
- Amer Funds Grth Fund A. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: American Funds;Feb2006, Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the Growth Fund of America. Performance of the mutual fund in 2005; Management strategy of the portfolio managers of the fund; Advisor and investment style of the fund.
- How we uncovered the outperformers. Keown, Deidre // Money Management;6/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p21
Focuses on the aim of the Portfolio Construction Forum Managed Funds Outperformance Report to uncover funds that have consistently outperformed peers over time. Analysis of the returns outperformance of wholesale Australian equity funds; Use of rolling returns as representative of fund's return...
- Young managers outperform, but the shine can fade. Keown, Deidre // Money Management;6/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p22
Looks at the results of the Portfolio Construction Forum Managed Funds Outperformance Report, which tested funds and market indices in Australia over varying time period and market conditions. Calculation of the rolling average monthly, quarterly and annual returns since inception to March 31,...
- Researcher's commentary: Funds at least one year old. Keown, Deidre // Money Management;6/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p24
Investigates the performance of Australian equity funds younger than one year old. Division of the range of returns into deciles; Determination of the decile rankings of the funds; Presentation of the relative outperformance or underperformance of funds.