- College Illinois info buries facts in buzzwords. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/14/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
The article presents the author's views on the funding gaps faced by the College Illinois Prepaid Tuition Program.
- Deferred savings for college -- an attractive alternative. Blair, Larry S. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of qualified state tuition programs (QSTP) as alternative college savings vehicles in the United States. Tax treatment of QSTP; Program models; Advantages and disadvantages.
- Report: College Illinois underfunded. Cramer, Kendall // Illinois Issues;May2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the result of the investigation conducted by "Crain's Chicago Business" about College Illinois' Prepaid Tuition Program. It states that the program is underfunded by 31% and has the deepest shortfall of 12 states with similar prepaid tuition plans. It notes that the...
- LETTERS. // Clergy Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p28
Presents a letter to the editor of "The Clergy Journal" inquiring as to whether there is such a thing as a prepaid tuition plan for private schools.
- Texas prepaid tuition enrollment opens. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/11/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p5
The article announces the period for the open enrollment in the Texas Tuition Promise Fund which began September 1, 2014, and mentions the benefits of enrolling in the fund.
- Miss. Prepaid Tuition Program To Fall Short. AMY, JEFF // Community College Week;2/4/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p11
The article discusses a report on the Mississippi Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Program which predicted that it will not earn enough money to meet investment expectations, with a call for future contract purchasers to pay more.
- College savings plan a hit with planners and parents. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;4/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p4A
Discusses the merits of college savings plan for business owners or company employees in the United States. Information on the federal 529 college savings program; Mechanics of the pre-paid tuition college savings program in Nevada; Attractions of the general college savings plan.
- Andover Creates Plan for Parents To Prepay Tuition. M. W. // Education Week;1/10/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p12
The article focuses on the tuition pre-payment plan instituted by Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts. Under the plan, students' parents will be allowed with two pre-payment options. One option requires them to prepay their children's tuition fee that covers four years in a lump sum basis...
- HIGHER RISK EDUCATION. DANIELS, STEVE; MERRION, PAUL // Crain's Chicago Business;
The article offers information on the prepaid tuition plan in Illinois. It is stated that prepaid tuition plan is not well funded. According to experts, the deficit of the College Illinois Prepaid Tuition Program is far larger than the fund is declaring. The Illinois program was underfunded by...