Letters to the Editor
- LETTERS. Ziliak, Robert A.; Moore, Robert; MacCartie, Tad; Schulmeyer, S. J.; Branic, Barbara // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p13
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles related to mutual fund market and adult literacy, previously published in the journal "Indianapolis Business Journal."
- Letters to the Editor. Ejdelbaum, Henry; Payton, John; Katz, Harry; Sargisson, Tim; Boustead, Mel // Money Marketing;8/10/2006, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the previously published articles regarding the need for the government to have cost-effective help in identifying red tape, commissions to pay the customers and the article "Providers are in A-Day meltdown" in the August 2006 issue.
- Mutual funds working hard to coax planners. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;4/29/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p43
Reports that big name money managers are working to convince small financial planners to recommend their mutual funds to clients. Names of some money managers involve in this venture; Statistics on the financial planner market; Factors which contributed to the growth of Securities Exchange...
- Create your own fund selection system. Horowitz, Andrew // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p81
Advises financial planners on creating their own fund selection systems. Financial planners' reliance on due diligence; Author's development of a program called FundSORT; Scoring process for determining potential funds; Regular review of selected funds; Basic filtering issues. INSET: Sample...
- Trojan Horse or one-trick pony? Gentile, Gary // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p81
Discusses the prospects of funds of mutual funds for financial planners. Packaging a number of mutual funds under one banner to create a fund of funds; Competitive potential of funds of funds; Factors behind the proliferation of funds of funds; Funds of funds as assets in the retirement market....
- Taking the Temperature of the Brokerage Industry. McMorris, Frances A. // On Wall Street;Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Helen Kearney on the decision of financial advisors go to the independent channel and another by William Harding on absolute-return funds.
- Brian Tora: Advisers need to use investment trusts wisely. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/1/2014, p12
The author comments on the need for independent financial advisors (IFAs) to use investment trusts wisely.
- Stocks And Mutual Funds Vie For Portfolio Share. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/9/99, Vol. 103 Issue 32, p7
Provides information on a survey of financial planners by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors. Percentage of clients who are taking financial risks according to financial planners; Reasons financial planners continue to recommend mutual funds; Factors which have increased...
- Nearly 50% of IFAs say unit trust charges are too high. Stevenson, Rachel // Money Marketing;2/7/2002, p96
Focuses on the 'Money Marketing'/Virgin One's State of the Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Nation poll released in February 2002, which revealed the views of IFAs on unit trust charges. Key findings of the survey; Various reactions to the findings.