Letter from the Editor
- Guatemala: Fiscal Concerns Continue To Rise In 2010. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/25/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p12
The article reports that overdependence on indirect taxes may present a negative economic outlook for Guatemala for 2010.
- California's future looks bleak. // La Prensa San Diego;11/20/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p6
The article forecasts the economic condition in California according to a report released by the Legislative Analyst Office. It is expected that the state's budget shortfall will swell to 21 billion dollars by June 30, 2011. The report also projects continued shortfall of the budget when federal...
- Economy for '04: BlasÃ©. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Nov2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the economic projections for 2004 in the U.S. Number of job losses; Increase in state taxes and university tuition; Negative perceptions among customers.
- Florida's Budgets Feeling the Squeeze of Medicaid Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p28
Reports on the shortfall in Florida's Medicaid program and reduced revenues. Avoiding large decline in tax revenues; Projected Medicaid deficit; Problems facing legislators.
- Questions for Silver, Bruno. // Crain's New York Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p8
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, a Democrat, went on an Albany radio station in New York to proclaim that he was opposed to any more tax increases as of October 20, 2003. By the end of the day, his partner in crime in raising taxes, Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, a Republican, joined in...
- TBMA Survey Sees $360 Billion Deficit in Fiscal '05. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p4
Forecasts the declining federal budget deficit for fiscal 2005 in the U.S. Result of the improving yields from short and long-term interest rates; Increase of tax revenue as a result of economic growth; Continuation of the stability of the yield curve throughout the year.
- BASIC MECHANISMS AND ASSUMPTIONS IN THE PROJECTION OF PUBLIC FINANCES. // OECD Economic Surveys: Denmark;Jul2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 10, p141
Offers information on the mechanisms and assumptions influencing the projection of public finances in Denmark. Calculation of the annual adjustment of public transfer rates and thresholds in the tax system; Determinant of collective public consumption; Medium-term objectives of the government.
- Disappointing Numbers. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p33
Reports on the decline of the state revenue in Indiana. Percentage of decrease in revenue projections; Account of corporate income taxes.
- Upside Potential For Business Environment. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Apr2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
The article forecasts the economic condition of Uruguay for 2008. The country's financial infrastructure remains relatively underdeveloped. The Uruguayan economy demonstrates potential for an attractive investment climate. An attractive tax regime and low corruption levels set the country apart...