- Letters. Busovicki, Michael E.; Sobraske, John E. // Army Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented including one in response to the article "Five Tips for a Smooth Transition: How to Prepare for Your Second Career," by Ferdinand H. Thomas II in the November 2015 issue, and one in response to a photograph of marching soldiers in a 2015 issue.
- new mobile apps help troubled warriors cope. JIMENEZ, JOSEPH // Warrior Citizen;Summer2012, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on LifeArmor and Prolonged Exposure Coach mobile applications (apps) released by the U.S. Defense Department's National Center for Telehealth and Technology which aims to help military personnel face their military careers.
- Editor's Desk. Neville, David // Military Images;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including military careers of young and old soldiers, and the death of former contributing editor Michael J. Winey.
- An Epiphany of Sacrifice. Cochenour II, Mark D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2001, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the service and life of a navy in the United States. Commitment to serve in the community; Demands of high technology equipment and high tempo operations; Memories of the sacrifices.
- Restore Sea Duty to Preeminence. Pierce, Paul // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2001, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p95
Highlights the need for restoring sea duty of the United States Navy to preeminence. Priorities on service on board ships and submarines; Presumptions on sailors duty on sea; Considerations on the improvement of service pay.
- Navy Federal Assisting Employees Called To Duty. // Credit Union Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the significance of the Navy Federal Credit Union to employees who are activated or volunteer for military duty in the U.S.
- Reporting for Duty - What Employers Need to Know About USERRA. Stricker, Katherine M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q1, p1
The article provides information on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) which guarantees broad protection for employees who have been absent from work, either voluntarily or involuntarily, due to uniformed service. It answers various questions that arise when...
- ENGAGING STUDENT VETERANS ON CAMPUS. Howard, Kimberly; Brode, Caroline Atwood // Campus Activities Programming;Oct2013, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p28
The article focuses on student military veterans and active service members (ASM) and how student affairs administrators can solicit their involvement in campus activities. It notes that most student veterans are older, have families, and may experience difficulties adjusting to a collegiate...
- The Military's Wireless Future. Gunsch, Trace // Futurist;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the challenges faced by the U.S. military in keeping soldiers both mobile and connected through wireless communications, as of November 2004. Utilization of wireless communications in military offices; Capacity problems in the battlefield; Areas where the military's needs differ from...