- A note of thanks. Robb, James // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jul2005, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
Presents a letter to the editor of the periodical "Medical Laboratory Observer" concerning the article "Understanding the natriuretic peptides" by Mary Lou Gantzer.
- 296 Two SAP-97 isoforms are expressed in human atrial myocardium that exhibit distinct effect on hKv 1.5 channels. Godreau, D.; Vranckx, R.; Maguy, A.; Goyenvalle, C.; Hatem, S. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p52
An abstract of the article "Two SAP-97 Isoforms Are Expressed in Human Atrial Myocardium That Exhibit Distinct Effect on hKv 1.5 Channels," by D. Godreau and colleagues is presented.
- Simulation of atrial activity by a phase response curve based model of a two-dimensional pacemaker cells array: the transition from a normal activation pattern to atrial fibrillation. Abramovich-Sivan, Sarit; Akselrod, Solange // Biological Cybernetics;1999, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p141
Abstract. In this paper, we present an original model of the atria, based on our hypothesis that atrial cells have features of pacemaker cells, characterized by their normally longer intrinsic cycle lengths and different type of connection (stronger) than the, sino-atrial (SA) node pacemaker...
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE HEART: (2) SEPTATION OF THE ATRIUMS AND VENTRICLES. Anderson, Robert H.; Webb, Sandra; Brown, Nigel A.; Lamers, Wouter; Moorman, Antoon // Heart;Aug2003, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p949
Discusses the septation of the atriums and ventricles of the heart. Morphological considerations; Endocardial cushions; Reorientation of the openings of the systemic venous tributaries; Expansion of the atrioventricular canal.
- Mitral annulus and left atrium wall abscess fistulized to the left ventricle. Zarauza, Jesús; Vázquez de Prada, Jose A.; Cuesta, Jose M.; Ortiz, Pilar; Diez-Aja, Salvador; Hernando, Juan P. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p584
No abstract available.
- BLOOMING FLOWER IN MISTY LEFT ATRIUM. HEMARAJU, SHIVASHANKARA TARIKERE; ALI, AMJAD; NANJAPPA, MANJUNATH CHOLENAHALLY // Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound;Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p191
The article presents photographs showing blooming flower in misty left atrium.
- Nearly one-third of arrhythmias during repeat ablation procedures initiate in left atrial appendage. // Cardiology Today;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p23
The article focuses on a study conducted by L. Dibiase and colleagues which found that the left atrial appendage was responsible for recurrence of atrial arrhythmias in 27% of patients presenting for repeat ablation procedures.
- What are double-outlet left atrium and double-outlet right atrium? Van Praagh, Richard // Annals of Pediatric Cardiology;Jul-Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p155
The author reflects on the ventriculo-atrial malalignment defects known to occur in congenital heart disease. He states that two intervening connecting cardiac segments which don't let three main cardiac segments to connect directly depicts the complexity of congenital heart disease. He focuses...
- LA. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1279
A reference entry for the medical acronym "LA," which pertains to the left atrium, is presented.