The Angiographic Diagnosis of Renal Hydatidosis
- Case 26-2011: A Boy with a Complex Kidney Cyst. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/5/2012, Vol. 366 Issue 1, p93
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Case 26-2011: A Boy with a Complex Kidney Cyst" in the August 2011 issue.
- Is there anything good in uric acid? Hynes, A.M.; Sayer, J.A. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Apr2012, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p395
No abstract available.
- Multicystic Congenital Mesoblastic Nephroma. Drut, Ricardo // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jan2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p59
Describes the unusual example of congenital mesoblastic nephroma cellular variant. Effect of extensive pseudocystic cavitation; Components of myxoid tissue; Diagnosis of multicystic tumor.
- Identification of the human CYS1 gene and candidate gene analysis in Boichis disease. Fliegauf, Manfred; Fr�hlich, Christian; Horvath, Judit; Olbrich, Heike; Hildebrandt, Friedhelm; Omran, Heymut // Pediatric Nephrology;Jun2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p498
Recessive mutations cause cystic kidney disease and a variable degree of biliary liver fibrosis in cpk mice. Recently, the responsible murine gene (Cys1) was identified and expression in renal cilia demonstrated. Here we describe the cDNA cloning of the full-length coding region of the...
- New insights: nephronophthisis-medullary cystic kidney disease. Hildebrandt, F.; Omram, H. // Pediatric Nephrology;2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p168
Nephronophthisis (NPH) and medullary cystic kidney disease (MCKD) constitute a group of renal cystic diseases, which share a common characteristic renal histologic triad of tubular basement membrane disintegration, tubular atrophy with cyst development, and interstitial cell infiltration with...
- Nephrocalcinosis and renal cysts associated with apparent mineralocorticoid excess syndrome. Moudgil, A.; Rodich, G.; Jordan, S. C.; Kamil, E. S. // Pediatric Nephrology;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p60
Apparent mineralocorticoid excess (AME) syndrome is a rare inherited disorder caused by 1113hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11-HSD 2) isozyme deficiency in the kidney. This enzyme is responsible for oxidizing cortisol to its inactive metabolite cortisone. An elevated tetrahydrocortisol (THF) and...
- Needling Renal Cysts and Tumours: Cytology and Radiology. Sherwood, Thomas; Trott, P.A. // British Medical Journal;9/27/1975, Vol. 3 Issue 5986, p755
Examines the cytology and radiology of needling renal cysts and tumors. Presentation of malignant cells in the aspirate; Evidence of the punctured renal masses; Performance of a routine intravenous urogram.
- Management of simple renal cysts in children. Murthi, G.V.S.; Azmy, A.F.; Wilkinson, A.G. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p1
Simple renal cysts are uncommon in children and their presentation and management has changed with increasing use of ultrasound scans. The aim of this study was to review our experience and highlight some peculiarities in diagnosis and management of these cases. Eight cases were diagnosed and...
- Cyst infection in acquired renal cystic disease. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/4/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6589, p25
Presents a case report on cyst infection in acquired renal cystic disease. Data of a 60 year old patient with uremia; Data of a 60 year old woman admitted with renal failure secondary to diabetic nephropathy; Data of a 78 year old woman with uremia; Comments on the cases.