- Ergot poisoning of water buffaloes in the UK. Millar, Michael; Smith, Rachel; May, Peter // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;1/2/2010, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about ergot poisoning of water buffaloes in Great Britain.
- Poisoned Behavior. Sholes, Owen // Natural History;Nov89, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p4
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Trespassers Will Be Poisoned,' by Keith Clay in the September 1989 issue.
- Letters. Robinson, Robert; Watts, Andrew; Vigus, Roy; Bradley, TH; Steadman, Barrie; Darby, Maggie; Kirby, Keith; Fell, Henry; Wilkinson, Derrick; Hillson, JW; Rayner, Colin; Brodier, Joy // Farmers Weekly;2/4/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p69
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics about farming discussed in previous issues. Views on using the single farm payment to underwrite the price of slaughter cattle; Presence of ergot in agricultural products; Problems with ivy growth on trees.
- BRIEFING. Beadling, Rachel; Moss, Peter // Crops;3/25/2006, p25
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including one on subsidies in the February 25, 2006 issue and the other on the impact of grass margins on ergot in March 11, 2006 issue.
- St. Anthony's Fire. // Time;9/10/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p64
The article details how the town of Pont-Saint-Esprit in France had been stricken by ergot poisoning in 1951. Several people complained of heartburn, stomach cramps and fever chills after eating bread from the shop of Baker Roch Briand. A vegetable alkaloid having the toxic and biological...
- ergotism. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p800
A definition of the term "ergotism," which refers to ergot poisoning, is presented.
- St. Anthony's Fire (Ergotamine Induced Leg Ischemia). Zavaleta, Ernesto G.; Fernandez, Bernado B.; Grove, Mark K.; Kaye, Marc D. // Angiology;May2001, Vol. 52 Issue 5
Examines ergotamine-induced leg ischemia due to vasospasm common to middle aged people in Guatemala. Manifestation and cause of the disease; Therapy of ergotism; Importance of obtaining a history of ergotamine.
- IMMINENT GANGRENE OF THE LEG AFTER ERGOT POISONING. Ahlgren, Ingemar; Haeger, Knut; Nylander, Goran; Wehlin, Lennart // Angiology;Jun1968, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p354
The article presents a case of imminent gangrene of the leg after ergot poisoning. A twenty-nine year old primiparous woman with an earlier history of unilateral apical pulmonary tuberculosis healed for several years had suffered for eleven years from sever migraine. She had also suffered...
- ERGOT AS THE CAUSE OF THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS (BUERGER'S DISEASE). Kaunitz, Julius // Angiology;Dec1955, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p556
The similarity of thromboangiitis obliterans in etiology, symptomatology and pathology to ergotism suggests the similar nature of the two conditions-the important difference is the chronicity observed in thromboangiitis obliterans, which is probably due to the consumption of small doses of ergot...