LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Hospitals Serving Up Fast Food Send the Wrong Message. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Reports the presence of fast food restaurants in a sample of hospitals in the U.S., according to researchers at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Sample of hospitals with fast food chains at the site; Concerns of lead researcher Peter Cram.
- Critical decision. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p23
Reports on key issues concerning food service options and operations for hospitals in the U.S. Terms of contracts between hospitals and fast-food chains; Sales and revenue from food service in hospitals; Unhealthy perceptions concerning hospital food service.
- No sympathy for McD's. Nash, MItch // Advertising Age;6/10/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 23, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "McD's wrestles with marketing miscues" in the May 20, 2002 issue.
- FOOD AND EDUCATION. Job, Anna // Ecologist;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Presents a letter to the editor about politicians allowing fast food restaurants be established near schools in Great Britain.
- Is fast food the new tobacco? Gregg, John // B&T Weekly;7/2/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2478, p22
Presents a letter to the editor about fast food restaurants.
- McDonald's lite. // Modern Healthcare;8/1/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p36
Reports on the improvement in the food offerings at McDonald's branch in Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Healthy food options added to the menu of the fast food restaurant; Approval of Cleveland Clinic CEO on the health food options of McDonald's; Meeting of McDonald's Corp. executives...
- Minister cautions over food outlets. // Nursing Standard;3/9/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p7
Cash-strapped hospitals are being warned off rushing into lucrative deals with fast food chains.
- Hold the Fries. Naddaff, George // Fortune;9/20/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p31
Presents a letter to the editor of the September 20, 2004 issue of "Fortune" regarding health food habits and fast food restaurants. Response to the article "Can You Really Make Fast Food Healthy?" found in the August 23, 2004 issue of the magazine.
- Fallen Arches. Donovan, Paul D. // Fortune International (Europe);5/12/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p7
Presents a letter to the editor regarding McDonalds in reference to the article "Can McDonald's Cook Again?" in the April 14th issue.