- Print Publishing Secrets. Fraser, Bruce // Macworld;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p80
Explores the RGB and CMYK color modes in editing computer images. Appropriate mode to use in certain conditions; Utilization of both modes; Conversion-process tips.
- Layer styles in Photoshop. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Jan2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p85
The article offers information on how to use layer styles in the computer graphics editing program Adobe Photoshop from Adobe Systems Inc. It discusses how to make fancy effects that can be used in web sites and advertisements using the Adobe Photoshop. It provides a step-by-step instruction on...
- TV-like color quality causes boom in news graphics units. // Marketing News;11/16/1979, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p13
The article presents an assessment of the computer graphics systems market which will provide color displays by 1983 according to Venture Development Corp. Venture predicted that color is expected to gain acceptance in the graphics industry. One of the reasons for the use of color in...
- Put your artistic license to work. Palermo, Amy // Inside Photoshop;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p7
The article advises the users of Adobe Photoshop to put their artistic license to work and experiment with other options when following the step-by-step techniques in Photoshop. It notes that in an article presented in the February 1, 2009 issue of the "Inside Photoshop" periodical, in which...
- Creating duotones. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Dec2003, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p74
Presents tips on turning image into a duotone image. Background on duotone image; Overview of the duotone tool of the Photoshop software; Step-by-step guide in creating a duotone image using the Photoshop software.
- EARLY HIGH-RES GRAPHICS. Hardwidge, Ben // Custom PC;Aug2014, Issue 131, p107
In this article, the author expresses his views on the emergence of high-resolution computer graphics in Great Britain in 2014. Topics discussed include personal computers (PCs) without graphics, the text-only mode of PCs, and the emergence of color graphics adapters (CGAs). Also mentioned are...
- The ins and outs of clipping masks. Hallas, Tony // Astronomy;Sep2011, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p64
In this article the author discusses a technique for adding color to narrowband images of deep-sky objects. The focus of the article is the clipping mask technique which is a method used when combining narrowband data with a finished image. Three illustrations on the clipping mask technique are...
- Make your old GPU run like new. CHIAPPETTA, MARCO // PC World;Feb2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p149
The article discusses several important issues to consider when refurbishing an old graphics processing unit. Tools such as a screwdriver for disassembly, canned air, alcohol, and cotton swabs are recommended to perform the project successfully. The goal when applying new thermal paste is also...
- Re-colour your images. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p94
Provides information on the color replacement of computer images using the Adobe Photoshop computer software from Adobe System Inc. Features of the Replace Color tool; Configuration of replacement settings for the images; Comparison of the Dodge tool and Adjustment layers in the software.