Short ACTH stimulation test for adrenal reserves of cortisol, not adrenal function
- Management of Cushing's syndrome in dogs. McLean, C. Louise // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;10/24/2009, Vol. 165 Issue 17, p512
A letter to the editor is presented about the value of the Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) stimulation test in assessing the degree of control of Cushing's syndrome in dogs treated with trilostane.
- Combined pituitary adenoma and Rathke's cleft cysts: Two multicystic cases and literature review. Peizhi Zhou; Bowen Cai; Weichao Ma; Shu Jiang // Neurology India;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p665
A letter to the editor discussing the case of a 38-year-old woman with pituitary adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) secreting adenoma is presented.
- In response to Dr Shabih Manzar regarding ACTH and cortisol response to critical illness in term and late-preterm neonates. Fernandez, E. F. // Journal of Perinatology;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p526
A response by E. F. Fernandez to the letter to the editor about the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and cortisol response to critical illness in term and late-preterm neonates is presented.
- Secondary adrenal insufficiency in sick neonates: should we treat with ACTH? Manzar, S. // Journal of Perinatology;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p526
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by E. F. Fernandez describing adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and cortisol responses in critically ill neonates.
- Short ACTH stimulation test for adrenal reserves of cortisol, not adrenal function. Barnard, Chantal; Kanani, Ronik; Friedman, Jeremy N. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/15/2005, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p452
Presents a response by Chantal Barnard, Ronik Kanani and Jeremy N. Friedman to a letter to the editor about their article on the short ACTH stimulation test.
- The authors' reply. Dorsam, Robert; Gutkind, J. Silvio // Nature Reviews Cancer;Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
A response by Robert Dorsam and J. Silvio Gutkind to a letter to the editor about their article regarding the role of adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH) and thyrotropin secreting hormone (TSH) receptors in pituitary cancer in the previous issue is presented.
- Assessment of long-term efficacy and safety of metyrapone monotherapy in a patient with ACTH-independent macronodular adrenal hyperplasia. Yoshida, Masanori; Umeda, Hiroshi; Iwama, Shintaro; Nakayama, Seiko; Miyata, Misaki; Ogawa, Koichiro; Maeda, Harumi; Oiso, Yutaka // Endocrine (1355008X);Feb2012, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p160
A letter to the editor is presented about the efficacy and safety of metyrapone monotherapy in a patient with adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)-independent macronodular adrenal hyperplasia.
- Cushing's syndrome cured by resection of an appendiceal carcinoid tumor. Beddy, David; Larson, David // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Jul2011, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p949
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the case study of a 23 year-old woman presented with a 4-month history of weight gain despite exercise, hirsutism, and acne, who was diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome cause by ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) production.
- Hyponatremia During ACTH Infusions. Sheeler, Leslie R.; Schumacher, O. Peter // Annals of Internal Medicine;May79, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p798
Presents case reports of adrenocorticotropic hormone infusions that produced severe hyponatremia despite dexamethasone therapy. Clinical records of the patients; Findings of the study.