- Gateshead store dares to be different. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports on the new opening of a distribution center for DP Furniture Express in Gateshead, England. Features of the new store; Statement of company chairman John Marshall on the significance of the new establishment for DP's centrally-owned shops; Coverage of the Gateshead distribution center.
- Horror week for furniture as two more companies fail. Walsh, Charlotte; Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p3
Focuses on the business failures of the furniture companies DP Furniture Express, Feather & Black, and the Co-operative Group Ltd. to close down several of its retail stores in Great Britain. Assessment of the extent of the business failure and the repercussions of the closures; Thoughts of...
- DFS forced to close store after flood. Lews, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p4
The article reports that DP Furniture Express and DFS have been forced to close their Carlisle stores after severe flooding-the equivalent of two months rain fell on one night on January 7, 2005. Most of the city centre was flooded and 70,000 residents, plus businesses, were left without power...
- Luxury beds outlet. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p6
Reports that DP Furniture Express has reopened its newly renovated store caused by flood in Carlisle. Features and amenities of the new building.
- Single port of call saves Â£2m for DPEE. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p6
Reports on the opening of the distribution center of DP Furniture Express in Liverpool, England. Improvement in stock availability of the firm; Benefits of the center to the firm; Decrease in the distribution costs of the company.
- DP Furniture Express to carry on importing. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2005, Issue 5428, p8
Comments on the issues on closure of the national distribution centers and end importing operations by DP Furniture Express company in Great Britain. Comments of John Hood, commercial director of the company on continuation of import process by the company;
- New business old values. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005 Supplement, p16
Focuses on Sunderland, England-based bed retailer DP Furniture Express. Background of the company; Number of employees; Key personnel; Retail state; Suppliers and brands; Annual spending on marketing; Factors contributing to the success of the company; Expansion programs; Plans of chief...
- DP back-tracks on strategy. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p3
Reports that DP Furniture Express has abandoned plans to franchise most of its stores in England. Negotiation for the release of the store chain from franchise agreements; Purpose for the reversal of its plan; Impact of business competition in the decision of the company.
- DP franchisees opt to branch out. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p5
The article reports that five of DP Furniture Express's biggest franchises have left the company and formed a new chain called Branches, after disagreements over strategy. The group had been unhappy with the out-of-town locations of new DP Furniture Express stores, its move into veneers.and...