- Sharing the Wealth. // Risk Management (00355593);Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p36
Every year the Santa Clara Valley chapter of RIMS identifies a local group deserving of philantrophic efforts and makes a contribution, usually a combination of physical or financial aid and something of an educational nature. In 1998, the San Jose-based Evelyn S. Cox Child Development Agency...
- SIDES. // New York;1/24/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p55
Reports developments on the food industry in New York City. Launch of the 13th Annual City Bakery Hot Chocolate Festival; Dinner set by the chefs at Blue Hill to show their support for local farmers and sustainable agriculture; Donation of a varying percentage of proceeds from dessert sales at...
- FUTURE EVENTS. // Howard;Spring2012, Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the Howard League for Penal Reform's summer wine reception, hosted by Howard League president Lord Carlile, to be held on July 2, 2012 at the House of Parliament in Great Britain.
- Industry's response to the tsunami has been exemplary. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/7/2005, Issue 2647, p15
This article reports that from the smallest shops to the biggest operators, the British travel industry has responded generously to the tsunami disaster. Collection buckets have been put out in many shops, while companies have made substantial contributions. As the news got worse, package...
- A WAVE OF COMPASSION. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;1/4/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the efforts of the entertainment industry in raising money to help the tsunami victims of South Asia. Relief plans of Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner; Call of News Corp. to its television stations and cable networks to devote as much airtime as possible to public service announcements...
- Charities and charisma(Letter). Joseph, Derek M. // Accountancy;Jun76, Vol. 87 Issue 994, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "When Charities Need Consultants," by John Miller-Bakewell in the April 1976 issue.
- Harsh realities of life in a charity. Robinson, Jean // Community Care;1/17/2008, Issue 1705, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Dig Deep for Chief Execs!," in the December 13, 2007 issue.
- Some Closing Remarks. Fortess, Ethel; Fortess, June; Fortess, Janet // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Apr91, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
A letter to the editor is presented, which expresses gratitude to AATCC for the beautiful flower arrangement as well as the contribution to the scholarship fund in Fred's memory.
- New fund established. Jorgensen, Leif // Free Flight;Dec/Jan2006, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
A letter to the editor about the establishment of the Douglas E. Carson Memorial Fund in Canada is presented.