- Quips and quotes from "The Writer's" first year. Bakkum, Beth // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Apr2007, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p10
This article presents a sampling of inquires and recommendations sent to "The Writer" in its first year of publication, 1887. Along with ads for Remington Typewriters and graphite pencils are laments about editors who haven't the civility to return manuscripts; tips on cleaning fountain pens,...
- The funkiest stuff arrives in the post. Sjoegren, Kjell // Letter Arts Review;Autumn2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
A letter to the editor is presented concerning a box of calligraphy tools such as pens, packets of dye and reeds for woodwind instruments given by Kjell Sjoegren.
- 'Roe' Must Stand. Prueher, Jamse B. // Progressive;Apr89, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p5
Comments on the editorial 'Roe Must Stand,' in the periodical 'The Progressive,' accusing the periodical to be intellectually corrupt and incompetent.
- FROM OUR READERS. Quarendon, Simon; Rance, Polly; Kindersley, Ros // PRWeek (London);8/1/2008, p20
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article reporting the inclusion of Finland in the International Report of the periodical over any other countries from Africa in the July 25, 2008 issue, the decision of Hammersmith & Fulham's to...
- Co-Editor's Diary. Ravindran, Gauthaman // Descant (0382909X);Spring2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p200
The article discusses the permanence of paper as a writing medium. Writing is said to be a quest for permanence which plots a route toward a foreseen future. It notes that writing survives due to the permanence of paper that serves to represent a message from the past toward a future. It claims...
- How to write an article: Preparing a publishable manuscript! Shidham, Vinod B.; Pitman, Martha B.; DeMay, Richard M. // CytoJournal;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Most of the scientific work presented as abstracts (platforms and posters) at various conferences have the potential to be published as articles in peer-reviewed journals. This DIY (Do It Yourself) article on how to achieve that goal is an extension of the symposium presented at the 36th...
- Nonresponse Checks. Clark, Paul Alexander; McCaffrey, Kimberly // Marketing Health Services;Summer2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p38
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Under the Influence," by Thomas L. Powers and Dawn Bendall Valentine, published in the Spring 2006 issue.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Baum, Arthur H.; Engel, James F.; Browne, William G.; Brown, Daniel J.; Jolson, Marvin A. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1978, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p10
The article presents several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including "Life-Style Segmentation in Apparel Marketing," and "How to Double or Triple Mail-Survey Response Rates," both in the October 1977 issue, and "How to Publish and Prosper," in the April 1977 issue.
- LETTERS POLICY. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/28/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 52, p3
The article offers information on the editorial policy of the "Buffalo Law Journal" for submitting letters to the editor articles.