- Eye on the Fleet. // All Hands;May2003, Issue 1033, p44
Presents photographs depicting the activities of U.S. navy sailors. Aviation technicians working in the warship runways; Training of students as a team tasked to extinguish class bravo fire emergencies; Rapid extraction training of medical personnel.
- Eye on History. // All Hands;May2003, Issue 1033, p46
Presents a historical depiction of U.S. naval sailors in action through photographs taken by the Naval Historical Center. Naval operations during World War II; Combat action during the Battle of Iwojima; Technical operations aboard naval warships.
- ENHANCING OPERATIONAL AND STRATEGIC LOGISTICS TO MEET FUTURE DEMANDS OF THE ROYAL MALAYSIAN NAVY. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2004, Vol. 25, p35
Focuses on the objectives of the Royal Malaysian Navy in relation to the enhancement of operational and strategic logistic capabilities. Modernization of applicable logistics processes and systems; Implementation of total material and assets visibility; Enhancement of comprehensive logistics...
- LETTERS. Rogers, Trumbull; Gayler, Noel; Willis, Ken; Carlock, J. Bruce; Bassett, Gordon C.; Gilliam, Roland R.; Rees, Simon; Cabrera, Francisco // Military History;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including Pioneer U.S. Navy Carrier Ace, and Weaponry, in the September 2005 issue, The Fighting McCooks, and Best Little Stories, in the October 2005 issue are presented.
- US Navy CEC Program Changes Tack. McKenna, Ted // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on the postponement of the second phase of a program by the U.S. Navy called Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) which is designed to upgrade ships. Applicability of the upgrades only to Navy assets; Plan of integrating data originating from a variety of sources that may or may not...
- TNI-AL-- NAVY OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA. Jaya Mahe, Jalesveva // Naval Forces;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p95
Features the Indonesian Navy. Historical background; Number of regular personnel; Maritime missions; Naval assets; Procurement and modernization programs; Naval industrial base.
- ROMANIAN NAVY. // Naval Forces;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p115
Profiles the naval service of the Republic of Romania. Historical background on the Romanian Navy, organizational structure, naval units, and coastal defense structures; Peacetime mission and tasks in times of conflict; Participation in international military exercises and modernization plans.
- BALTIC SEA -- SEA OF LITTORAL WARFARE. // Naval Forces;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p28
Presents the views of officers from the Polish and German Navy regarding the significance of the Baltic Sea as a prime example of sea area for littoral warfare. Formative and operational background on the Federal German and Polish Navies; Joint training of naval forces from the Baltic states on...
- THE ROYAL MALAYSIAN NAVY-YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2004, Vol. 25, p10
Discusses the military role and achievements of the Royal Malaysian Navy during its seventy years of existence. Protection of the maritime sovereignty and interests of the country; Organizational strength, naval facilities and vessels; Implementation of the comprehensive and structured Service...