- Clinicopathoradiological findings in SEGA: A rare astroglial tumor. Verma, Nidhi; Babu, Suresh; Singhai, Atin; Gupta, Chani // Indian Journal of Medical & Paediatric Oncology;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p192
A letter to the editor that relates to clinical findings in tumors derived from astroglial cells known as subependymal giant cell astrocytoma is presented.
- Subpial astrocytosis and focal leptomeningeal angiotropic astrocytosis leading to vascular compression: observations made in a case of mitochondrial encephalopathy. Hůlková, Helena; Druga, Rastislav; Ondrejovič, Pavol; Elleder, Milan // Acta Neuropathologica;Dec2008, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p667
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses a report on astrocytosis and focal leptomeningeal angiotropic astrocytosis.
- Is inhibition of axonal regeneration by astrocytes, in the dorsal part of the spinal cord, regulated by p75 receptor? Yuan, Ti-Fei // Brain: A Journal of Neurology;Jun2010, Vol. 133 Issue 6, pe144
A response to a letter to the editor about the article "Schwann Cell p75NTR Prevents Spontaneous Sensory Reinnervation of the Adult Spinal Cord," in the 2010 issue is presented.
- Multiple conductance channels in type-2 cerebellar astrocytes activated by excitatory amino acids. Usowicz, Maria M.; Gallo, Vittorio; Cull-Candy, Stuart G. // Nature;6/1/1989, Vol. 339 Issue 6223, p380
L-Glutamate and L-aspartate are thought to have a widespread function as synaptic transmitters in the mammalian central nervous system and there are at least three types of neuronal glutamate receptors, which can be activated by the selective agonists N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA), quisqualate and...
- INK4a/Arf is required for suppression of EGFR/?EGFR(2-7)-dependent ERK activation in mouse astrocytes and glioma. Lachat, Yan; Diserens, Annie-Claire; Nozaki, Michimasa; Kobayashi, Hiroyuki; Hamou, Marie-France; Godard, Sophie; deTribolet, Nicolas; Hegi, Monika E. // Oncogene;2/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1128
Presents a correction to the article "INK4a/Arf Is Required for Suppression of EGFR/DEGFR(2-7)-Dependent ERK Activation in Mouse Astrocytes and Glioma," published previously in the periodical "Oncogene," vol. 24.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.