Letter to our readers
- Making the triple play real. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 36, Special section p14
Discusses the benefits of Internet Protocol (IP)-enabled networks for the triple play of services-video, voice and data. IP-enabled services that are expected to increase revenue potential of the triple play; Significance of IP to the cable industry according to Jon Arnold, program leader for...
- broadband. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p84
A list of companies dealing with broadband communication systems is presented. It includes Alphalink, Aardvark Internet and AuNix Broadband. Alphalink, Aardvark Internet and AuNix Broadband. Data is given for budget plan, light plan, family plan and high-speed plan.
- Broadband overtakes dial-up in Web usage. // Precision Marketing;7/22/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the increasing popularity of broadband communication systems among households in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the increase; Number of households viewing television over broadband connection; Significance of the increase to telecommunication companies.
- Broadband's Rapid Adoption. Johnson, Bradley // Television Week;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p10
The author reflects on the rapid adoption of broadband in U.S. households. He explains that broadband adoption moved quickly in part because the cable and phone wires needed for service were already largely in place. The author claims that broadband adoption changes how consumers use the...
- Nets Provide Ops With Local Motion. Forkan, Jim; Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p96
Youthful-skewing networks MTV2 and G4 are proffering co-branded Web content to local MSOs as a means to help operators sell advanced products. As its latest initiative to support its affiliates' broadband services, MTV2 unveiled "Local 360," its localized, co-branded, multi-platform effort...
- The Need for Speed. Netherby, Jennifer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 39, p31
The article focuses on the upgrade of broadband architecture to wideband, Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS 3.0), by cable operators. It states that CableLabs Inc. is to announce the first certification for the higher-speed DOCSIS 3.0 modems in the National Cable and...
- Making the triple play real. // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, Special section p50
Discusses the addition of Internet protocol (IP)-enabled services in the U.S. cable industry. Benefit of IP to the industry; Expected growth in broadband service subscribers; Challenges encountered in integrating IP technology into triple play services.
- MEMBERS ONLY. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p26
The article provides assessment on the development of an exclusive online TV service by cable television operators for subscribers in the U.S. One executive assert that the service is powering its broadband business. Meanwhile, programmers viewed that it is a new opportunity to try to monetize...
- LINKSYS COMBINES WI-FI/3G. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p83
The article reports that Linksys Corp. has launched a 802.11g wireless router/modem designed to connect to a 3G broadband connection. The company says that up to five users can be connected. The system relies on a 3G card from Vodafone.