- Letters. Dials, Tom; Fayerman, Jodi; Rice, Douglas; Roberts, Jim // Military History;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Dreams of Dominance Collide With Reality," by Andrew J. Bacevich in the April 2007 issue, "Hand Tool," by Ion Guttman in the July/August 2007 issue, and "The Worst General," by Geoffrey Norman in...
- ISRAELI & PALESTINIAN MILITARY REPORT. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);5/6/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 14, p10
Presents a comparison between the military power of Israel and Palestine. List of Palestinian troops; Weapons of each country; Benefits received by the Israeli from the U.S.; Number of United States Reserves on the military force of Israel.
- Net-Centric Is Not Decisive. Vego, Milan // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2003, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on disadvantages of Network-centric warfare (NCW) when it comes to the art of war to tactics and targets. Propositions of NCW; Comparison of NCW proponents' views with that of other classical military and naval thinkers; Elimination of distinctions between the art of war and military...
- A Commander's Network-Centric Odyssey. Copley, Curt // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2003, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p58
Analyzes the interrelationship between network-centric operations (NCO) and operational art. Assertions of NCO with direct affect on operational art; Advantages of NCO for commanders; Strategic and operational objectives to be achieved by the interrelationship; Opinions of various proponents of...
- Planners seek to exploit U.S. technology lead. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/17/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the efforts by military planners in determining how the American lead in military technology can be used to prevent a war or how it can be won quickly with the least loss of life. Assessment of the strengths and the weaknesses shown in Desert Shield and Desert Storm in 1991; Areas of...
- Finding the Target. // Weapons: Designing the Tools of War;2000, preceding p7
An introduction to the book "Weapons: Designing the Tools of War 2000" is presented.
- CBRN Terrorism: How Real is the Threat? // Military Technology;Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the threat of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear weapons. Acquisition of chemical and biological (CB) agents; Difficulty in the dissemination of CB agents; Cost in generating nuclear weapons. INSETS: Classification of Biological Weapons;Classification of Chemical...
- MODERN WARFARE Seek & Destroy. Pappalardo, Joe // Popular Mechanics;Sep2011, Vol. 188 Issue 9, p18
The article offers brief information on the XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement military weapon.
- ON CHINA. Shapiro, Herbert // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jan1966, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p37
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Military Aspects of the Sino-Soviet Dispute," by Malcolm Mackintosh in the October 1965 issue.