A tale of two 2-pipe steam systems in St. Louis and Washington, D.C
- Proper Operation Key To Steam Boilers. Rosa, Frank // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Water & Energy Use in Steam-Heated Buildings" in the May 2010 issue.
- Proper Operation Key To Steam Boilers: The Author Responds. Shapiro, Ian // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p12
A response by Ian Shapiro to a letter to the editor about his article "Water & Energy Use in Steam-Heated Buildings" in the May 2010 issue is presented.
- Coating Matters âˆ£ Steam Remoisturizing Technology for Paper-Based Labels, Pt. 2. Miller, Mark; Martin, Joseph E. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;8/20/2014, p1
The article discusses techniques for steam remoisturizing. The use of passive steam showers, which is considered the simplest and least expensive method for applying steam, involves employing a tube of the length of the web's cross direction fitted with drilled holes that enable steam to escape....
- Check valves. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Nov2005, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p58
This article evaluates the product ATR check valves, which are suited for non-corrosive mineral-based oils and liquids. Designed for pressures to 5000 psi, they are constructed of zinc-plated carbon steel with optional materials upon request.
- 9 Points to Safe Steam Piping. Puskar, John R.; P. E.; Rudek, Mark // Control Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, pRX9
Reprints the article "9 Points to Safe Steam Piping," by John R. Puskar and Mark Rudek, which appeared in the periodical "Pharmaceutical Processing." Methods for screening high-pressure piping systems typically encountered in industrial steam plants; Variations in piping designations;...
- Computer Technology for Valve and Accessory Designers and Manufacturers. Krivopuskov, D. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3/4, p211
Focuses on the use of computer technology for valve and accessory designers and manufactures process. Factors to consider the effectivity of the valve and accessory development process; Creation of the SolidWorks system to solve most of the problems facing engineers in all stages of creation of...
- Experiments on a piston pneumatic motor with self-acting valve. Kalekin, V.; Kalekin, D.; Zagorodnikov, A. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 11/12, p648
The advantages are described of a piston pneumatic motor (PM) over other types of PM. The scheme is presented for a piston direct-flow PM, in which the driven gas distribution system is replaced by a self-acting one. Working characteristics have been derived for a direct-flow PM with given...
- Steam, the original 'bad boy'. Wohlfarth, Ray // Plumbing & Mechanical;Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p60
The article presents the author's views on working with steam systems. He says that many contractors prefer to replace the steam system with a new system, which may not be a feasible solution as a new system will also require new piping, boilers and radiators. He says that steam systems can also...
- Steam Trap Strainer Connectors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/23/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p8
The reports that Spirax Sarco Inc.'s line of universal steam trap strainer connectors have upgraded BDV3 blowdown valves in the United States. The swivel-type connectors comprise a complete station with NPT, socket weld, or flanged connections. The universal connector comes with body, strainer...