Incidence of Bronchiolitis-Associated Hospitalization Among Children in Olmsted Country, Minnesota
- Respiratory Illness in Households of School-Dismissed Students during Pandemic (H1N1) 2009. Cohen, Nicole J.; Callahan, David B.; Gonzalez, Vanessa; Balaban, Victor; Wang, Rose T.; Pordell, Paran; Beato, Ricardo; Oyervides, Otilio; Huang, Wan-Ting; Massoudi, Mehran S. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1756
A letter to the editor is presented about the actions taken in response to the respiratory illness among school-dismissed students during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection in Chicago, Illinois.
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on respiratory illness in children. Earaches and coughs; Colds and upper respiratory problems.
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on respiratory illnesses in children. Nasal discharge; Sore throats.
- Pulmonary hypoplasia presenting as persistent tachypnoea in the first few months of life. Aiton, N.R.; Fox, G.F. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/04/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7039, p1149
Presents several cases of a respiratory disease in infants called pulmonary hypoplasia manifesting as persistent tachypnoea in the first few months of life. Physical examination of the infants; Types of pulmonary hypoplasia; Radiographic examination; Indicators of pulmonary hypoplasia.
- Respiratory diseases and allergies in two polluted areas in East Germany. Heinrich, Joachim; Hoelscher, Bernd; Wjst, Matthias; Cyrys, Josef; Ritz, Beate; Wichmann, H.-Erich // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan1999, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p53
Investigates the respiratory diseases and allergies affecting children living in industrially polluted areas versus regional without industrial pollution in east Germany. Sensitization to common aeroallergans; Asthma; Eczema; Symptoms of respiratory disorders; Lung function and bronchial activity.
- Prolonged hypothermia following respiratory syncytial viral infection in infancy. Milner, D.; Wailoo, M.P.; Swift, P.G.F.; Fraser, M. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jan2003, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p69
Discusses the case of a pediatric patient with persistent hypothermia following recovery from respiratory syncytial viral (RSV) infection. Medical history of the patient; Neurological complications of RSV; Patient body temperature.
- Spray away RSV. Fahey, Valerie // Parenting;Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p58
Presents information on cases of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) among children in the United States. Number of children hospitalized with RSV; Information on a nasal spray that delivers virus fighting antibodies; Comments from Dennis Burton, a molecular immunologist at Scripps Research...
- DROP IN RESPIRATORY DEATHS IN CHILDREN. Hughes, Glenys // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p552
The article focuses on the reduced mortality rates of pediatric respiratory illnesses in England and Wales.
- Hypoxaemia in children: 'abnormal' values may be misleading. Huicho, L. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p364
Comments on a research article assessing the performance of clinical signs for predicting hypoxaemia in sick neonates and children with and without acute lower respiratory infections published in the 'Archives of Disease in Childhood' journal in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of...