Incidence of Bronchiolitis-Associated Hospitalization Among Children in Olmsted Country, Minnesota
- Respiratory Illness in Households of School-Dismissed Students during Pandemic (H1N1) 2009. Cohen, Nicole J.; Callahan, David B.; Gonzalez, Vanessa; Balaban, Victor; Wang, Rose T.; Pordell, Paran; Beato, Ricardo; Oyervides, Otilio; Huang, Wan-Ting; Massoudi, Mehran S. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1756
A letter to the editor is presented about the actions taken in response to the respiratory illness among school-dismissed students during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection in Chicago, Illinois.
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on respiratory illness in children. Earaches and coughs; Colds and upper respiratory problems.
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on respiratory illnesses in children. Nasal discharge; Sore throats.
- Pulmonary hypoplasia presenting as persistent tachypnoea in the first few months of life. Aiton, N.R.; Fox, G.F. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/04/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7039, p1149
Presents several cases of a respiratory disease in infants called pulmonary hypoplasia manifesting as persistent tachypnoea in the first few months of life. Physical examination of the infants; Types of pulmonary hypoplasia; Radiographic examination; Indicators of pulmonary hypoplasia.
- Respiratory diseases and allergies in two polluted areas in East Germany. Heinrich, Joachim; Hoelscher, Bernd; Wjst, Matthias; Cyrys, Josef; Ritz, Beate; Wichmann, H.-Erich // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan1999, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p53
Investigates the respiratory diseases and allergies affecting children living in industrially polluted areas versus regional without industrial pollution in east Germany. Sensitization to common aeroallergans; Asthma; Eczema; Symptoms of respiratory disorders; Lung function and bronchial activity.
- Spray away RSV. Fahey, Valerie // Parenting;Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p58
Presents information on cases of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) among children in the United States. Number of children hospitalized with RSV; Information on a nasal spray that delivers virus fighting antibodies; Comments from Dennis Burton, a molecular immunologist at Scripps Research...
- DROP IN RESPIRATORY DEATHS IN CHILDREN. Hughes, Glenys // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p552
The article focuses on the reduced mortality rates of pediatric respiratory illnesses in England and Wales.
- Cough medicines--when does your toddler need them? // Australia's Parents;Jun95, Issue 84, p88
Focuses on children's coughing caused by respiratory infection. Causes of coughing; Cough as the body's natural defense mechanism; Watching out for signs of asthma.
- Passive smoking and your child. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May96, Issue 92, p46
States that children contract a low repiratory illness, when parents constantly smoke. Research done; Information on the various types of illnesses.