Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole-Induced Methemoglobinemia in an HIV-Infected Patient
- Methemoglobinemia and Topical Pharyngeal Anesthesia. Aepfelbacher, Franz C.; Breen, Patrick; Manning, Warren J. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/2/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 1, p85
A letter to the editor discussing two case studies of patients suffering from methemoglobinemia is presented.
- Compound heterozygosity of Hb Hamilton and de novo mutated HbM Saskatoon. Brunner-Agten, Saskia; Hergersberg, Martin; Herklotz, Roberto; Hirt, Andreas; Huber, Andreas R. // Annals of Hematology;May2010, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p517
A letter to the editor is presented describing the case study of a 2 year-old Swiss boy who was diagnosed with cyanosis, methemoglobinemia, and mild microcytic anemia.
- Response to 'Blood Levels of Methemoglobin in Patients with Aluminum Phosphide Poisoning and its Correlation with Patient's Outcome'. Sanaei-Zadeh, Hossein // Journal of Medical Toxicology;Mar2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p86
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Blood Levels of Methemoglobin in Patients with Aluminum Phosphide Poisoning and its Correlation with Patient's Outcome" in the November 5, 2011 issue.
- Very late relapse of dapsone-induced methaemoglobinemia. Moulis, Guillaume; Bagheri, Haleh; Saint Martory, Jacques; Bernard, Pascale; Montastruc, Jean-Louis // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Jun2010, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p645
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses dapsone-induced methaemoglobinemia in a woman with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Letter to the Editor: Assignment of the 1H, 13C, and 15N signals of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 methemoglobin. Falzone, Christopher J.; Lecomte, Juliette T.J. // Journal of Biomolecular NMR;May2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p71
Presents a letter to the editor on signals of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 methemoglobin.
- Infant Methemoglobinemia: Causative Factors. Zeman, Catherine // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec2005, Vol. 113 Issue 12, pA 805
The article presents a letter to the editor in response to the article, which noted that individually and environmentally mediated factors function in the development of infant methemoglobinemia is not a new finding by Lorna Fewtrell.
- Infant Methemoglobinemia: Fewtrell Responds. Fewtrell, Lorna // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec2005, Vol. 113 Issue 12, pA 806
The article presents a response by Lorna Fewtrell to a letter to the editor about the article, which stressed that individually and environmentally mediated cofactors function in the development of infant methemoglobinemia is not a new finding.
- ICU management of Methemoglobinemia due to unknown compound poisoning. C. A., Tejesh; Shivanna, Shivakumar; A. C., Manjunath; P. T., Prathima // Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology;Jan2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p139
A letter to the editor is presented about the management of methemoglobinemia in a young woman due to unknown compound poisoning.
- Methemoglobinemia Following Neonatal Circumcision. Mandel, Scott // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/3/89, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p702
Presents a letter to the editor dealing with methemoglobinemia following neonatal circumcision.