- Volunteer firefighters are professionals, too. Fix, John // Central Penn Business Journal;3/25/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Considering combinations" in the March 11, 2011 issue.
- Congressional staffers get briefed on wildland firefighting. // Fire Engineering;Feb97, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the briefing conducted by the Rural Fire Protection in America (RFPIA) Steering Committee, made up of representatives from the National Volunteer Fire Council and the National Association of State Foresters, for congressional staff members on wildland firefighting in October 1996....
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Havel, Gregory; Hodgdon, Phil; Morris, Gary P.; Kuryla III, Michael // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p60
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The King Has No Clothes...or Firefighters," by Bobby Halton in the July 2008 issue, "Out-of-Air Emergency: Using Technology to Survive," by Frank Ricci and Matt Marcarelli in the May 2008 issue, and...
- After fires are out, firefighters need support. // Graham Leader;4/24/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 72, p4A
The author reflects on the dangerous work of firefighters in Young County, Texas and their need of funds for fuel, equipment, insurance and training.
- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- Fire renews faith in volunteer firemen. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the appreciation for volunteer firefighters and smoke alarms in East Bernard, Texas as they save the house that was reportedly caught on fire by a lightning on May 14, 2010.
- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.
- Sunday fire. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the big fire in the southern part of Clarendon, Texas, which was responded by Clarendon's volunteer firemen, on February 17, 2013.
- NVFC offers training grants. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p32
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council Foundation (NVFC) is offering grants to county, local and regional fire schools.