Treading Out Clichés
- Pasta. Finkel, Lawrence // Smithsonian;Jul91, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
Presents a letter to the editor concerning Thomas Jefferson and his love for Italian food.
- Jefferson Examined. Moran, Daniel Thomas // Humanist;May/Jun2012, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p5
A letter to the editor is presented about the moral traits of former U.S. President Thomas Jefferson, in response to the article "Jefferson's Women," by Cleo Fellers Kocol, published in the March/April 2012 issue.
- Overrated & Underrated. Lambert, Daniel M. // American Heritage;Nov88, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Presents a letter to the editor referencing the article "Overrated & Underrated Americans" (July/August issue). Disagreement with the appraisal of Thomas Jefferson by Nathaniel Burt, and the view that Burt's opinion was influenced by the concept of forced iconoclasm; Work of Jefferson on the...
- Jefferson Examined. Whiteman, John // Humanist;May/Jun2012, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p5
A letter to the editor is presented about the reliability of DNA evidence in determining whether former U.S. President Thomas Jefferson fathered slave Sally Hemings' children, in response to the article "Jefferson's Women," by Cleo Fellers Kocol, published in the March/April 2012 issue.
- Jefferson and Brazil. Nelson, Michael // History Today;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p66
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Empire of Exceptions: The Making of Modern Brazil," by Gabriel Paquette in the June 2011 issue.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Craner, Lorne W.; Dobson, William J.; Rothkopf, David J.; Isenberg, Nancy; Burstein, Andrew; Duchacek, Helena Kolda // New Republic;04/14/97, Vol. 216 Issue 15, p4
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Chinatown," which discussed the tactic of ducking honest policy debate to malign an opponent's integrity in Washington, D.C.; "Destructive Engagement," which criticized the administration of U.S....
- Letters to the Editor. Scherr, Arthur; Curtis III, George M. // Indiana Magazine of History;Mar2000, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p106
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Sphinx Without a Riddle: Joseph Ellis and the Art of Jefferson Biography," which focused on the pre-revolutionary career and constitutional thought of Thomas Jefferson; "Forum," which deals with civil...
- Gardens at Monticello. Kerr, David S. // Smithsonian;Sep84, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
Presents a reader's views on an article on the Monticello, former home of Thomas Jefferson in the U.S., published in the 'Smithsonian' periodical in 1984.
- POSTSCRIPTS TO HISTORY. // American Heritage;Dec1972, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p110
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "The Great Jefferson Taboo" that appeared in the June 1972 issue of American Heritage.