- Carotid-Cavernous Sinus Fistula. // Review of Optometry;10/15/2002 Supplement, Vol. 139, p52A
Identifies the signs and symptoms of an eye disease called carotid-cavernous sinus fistula (CCSF). Differentiation of the two types of CCSF; Factors causing CCSF; Management of the disease.
- `Complications of carotid sinus massage--a review of patient characteristics'. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p22
Presents an abstract of the study `Complications of Carotid Sinus Massage--A Review of Patient Characteristics,' by A.J. Davis and R.A. Kenny, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- Presence of a carotid bruit in adults with unexplained or recurrent falls: implications for carotid sinus massage. Richardson, David A.; Shaw, Fiona E.; Bexton, Rodney; Steen, Nick; Kenny, Rose Anne // Age & Ageing;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p379
Studies the prevalence of carotid sinus hypersensitivity in adults presenting with unexplained or recurrent falls and a carotid bruit. Design and setting of the study; Subjects in the study; Methodology; Results; Conclusions.
- Chemosensory activity from single or few-fibres of the carotid sinus nerve in the guinea-pig. Bolter, C. P.; Cragg, P. A.; Schwenke, D. O. // Respiratory Research;2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 2, pP19
An abstract of the study "Chemosensory activity from single or few-fibres of the carotid sinus nerve in the guinea-pig," by C.P. Bolter and colleagues is presented.
- Performing Carotid Sinus Massage in Elderly Patients. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;9/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p848
Presents an abstract of the study `The Newcastle Protocol for Carotid Sinus Massage,' by D. O'Shea and S.W. Parry, which appeared in the February 2001 issue of the `Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.'
- Heart rate and blood pressure responses to carotid sinus massage in healthy elderly subjects. McIntosh, Shona J.; Lawson, Joanna // Age & Ageing;Jan1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p57
Assesses heart rate and blood pressure responses to supine and upright carotid sinus massage in elderly subjects. Diagnosis of carotid sinus syndrome; Assessment of the validity of accepted diagnostic criteria for carotid sinus syndrome in the elderly; Cardioinhibitory responses before...
- Intractable status epilepticus post carotid endarterectomy â€” a clinical presentation of cerebral hyperperfusion syndrome. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;May2003 Supplement 2, Vol. 30, pS78
Presents an abstract of the study 'Intractable Status Epilepticus Post Carotid Endarterectomy-A Clinical Presentation of Cerebral Hyperperfusion Syndrome' submitted to the 38th meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
- Plaque morphology and serum markers of inflammation in carotid stenosis: a predictive model. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;May2003 Supplement 2, Vol. 30, pS22
Presents an abstract of the study 'Plaque Morphology and Serum Markers of Inflammation in Carotid Stenosis: A Predictive Model' submitted to the 38th meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
- Colour flow doppler imaging on patients with carotid sinus syndrome. // Age & Ageing;Jan96 Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p38
Presents an abstract of the report `Colour flow doppler imaging on patients with carotid sinus syndrome,' by P.J. Haslam et al, presented during the Autumn Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 13 and 14, 1995 in London, England.