The Hunter-Gatherer Diet
- The Hunter-Gatherer Diet. Cordain, Loren; O'Keefe Jr., James H. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2004, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p703
Presents a letter to the editor responding to comments made on the author's article about cardiovascular disease resulting from a diet and lifestyle.
- LESSONS FROM THE ABORIGINES. Gould, Richard A. // dig;Apr2005, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p18
Provides information on how modern-day hunter-gatherers behaved and survived in the distant past.
- When men get the beef, pregnant women may benefit. // BioScience;Sep90, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p623
Summarizes an anthropological theory that pregnant women in hunter-gatherer societies may have benefited indirectly from practice of inequitable meat distribution after a kill. Lower protein consumption linked to fewer infant problems.
- Late pleistocene/early holocene tropical forest occupations at San Isidro and Pena Roja, Colombia. Gnecco, Cristobal; Mora, Santiago // Antiquity;Sep97, Vol. 71 Issue 273, p683
Presents reports on the early occupations by hunter-gatherers in diverse tropical forests in Northern South America. Description of Northern South America; What the several lines of evidence suggest regarding the forests; Geographical locations of the forests.
- Comment on "Recent Origin and Cultural Reversion of a Hunter-- Gatherer Group". Waters, Tony // PLoS Biology;Aug2005, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1354
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Recent Origin and Cultural Reversion of a Hunter-Gatherer Group," which appeared in the August 2005 issue of "PLoS Biology."
- Comment on "Recent Origin and Cultural Reversion of a Hunter-- Gatherer Group": Authors' Reply. Oota, Hiroki // PLoS Biology;Aug2005, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1354
Presents an author's reply to a letter in response to the article "Recent Origin and Cultural Reversion of Hunter-Gatherer Group."
- Major migrations. Atkinson, John // New Scientist;1/6/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 2585, p19
A letter to the editor is presented about the movement of ancient hunter-gatherer tribes in the November 25, 2006 issue.
- Constantly surprising. Olssen, Ulrika // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Aug2007, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p108
A letter to the editor is presented about the intriguing and surprising stories, ranging from the lifestyle of hunter gatherers in Madagascar to hosting a palm grove, covered by the magazine.
- What Good Are Men? Frank, Norma A.; Schenkel, John L. // Natural History;Jul93, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p2
Presents a letter to the editor about hunter-gatherer women, in regards to the article "What Are Men Good For?" by Jared Diamond.