- COMMENTS. Scattergood, Stephen; Little, Brian P.; Nedeau, Michael C.; duBois, Eric // Airman;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "The Book 2009," the passing away of U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class John Levitow, and the wearing of the black beret by Air Mobility Liaison Officer.
- COMMENTS. Wessler, Jim; Blackley, Douglas; Barto, Tom; Tobin, Jerald D.; Gunn, Kenneth David // Airman;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article on the Aerial Port team members, one on the retirement of Brigadier General Ed Robertson and on the services of airmen in the U.S. Air Force.
- Wear of ABU Approved for Commercial Travel. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the expansion of existing uniform regulations for Airmen. Leaders of the U.S. Air Force have authorized Airmen to wear the airman battle uniform, battle dress uniform and desert camouflage uniform while traveling commercially. Commanders are given the authority to be more...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...