Unforeseen complication of brachytherapy
- Uvular and tonsillar pillar mucosal necrosis as a cause of severe sore throat after orotracheal intubation. SALENGROS, J.-C. F. B.; FOUNAS, W. EL; VELGHE-LENELLE, C.-E.; WILLEMSE, E.; SOSNOWSKI, M.; ANDRY, G.; DIGONNET, A. // Anaesthesia & Intensive Care;Jul2011, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p772
A letter to the editor about the case of a 57-year-old man who underwent prostate brachytherapy under intravenous general anaesthesia, is presented.
- ENDOSONICS SUBMITS IDE FOR DIRECTIONAL BRACHYTHERAPY DEVICE. // Biotech Equipment Update;May2000, p7
Reports the filing of EndoSonics Corp. for an Investigational Device Exemption to begin human clinical trial of its directional brachytherapy device in California. Development of Beta Radiation with Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Guidance And Directed Energy (BRIGADE); Use of BRIGADE for...
- Seeds may migrate to lungs during brachytherapy. Helwick, Caroline // Urology Times;Jan2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p12
Reports the occurrence of radioactive seed migration to the lungs after prostate brachytherapy. Implication of seed migration for pulmonary function; Correlation between seed migration and seed types; Analysis on the long-term effects of seed migration.
- New breast cancer treatment emerges in Valley. Fujimoto, Deborah Rivera // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/29/2003, Issue 323132, p3
Focuses on Brachytherapy, an emerging radiation treatment for breast cancer where patients undergo only five days of treatment after surgery in California. Treatment procedure; Cost of a MammoSite catheter; Excellent result of the treatment.
- Brachytherapy for penile cancer may salvage organ. Newman, Laura // Urology Times;May2002, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the effectiveness of interstitial brachytherapy for the treatment of penile cancer in North America. Use of the Paris system of dosimetry by the institial brachytherapy technique; Number of the well differentiation of the tumors; Advantages of the technique on the organ.
- Spot Treatment. Huggins, Charnicia E. // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p97
Focuses on the treatment of endometrial cancer by means of vaginal brachytherapy in Seattle, Washington. Contribution of Swedish Medical Center researchers; Provision of pelvic radiation for uterine cancer; Requirement of additional radiation treatment after endometrial cancer surgery.
- Brachytherapy dose received by bladder and rectum in patients with inoperable cervical cancer: CT-based 3D view. Marošević, Goran; Osmić, Hasan; Fazlić, Semir; Mileusnić, Dušan; Babic, Jovan // Acta Medica Academica;2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p83
The article discusses computed tomography (CT) based brachytherapy of cervical cancer supported by 3 dimension (D) image which found doses received by patients through bladder and rectum.
- brachytherapy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p304
A definition of the medical term "brachytherapy," which refers to the use of implants of radioactive materials in radiation, is presented.
- Utilization of a Self-Administered Questionnaire to Assess Rectal Function Following Prostate Brachytherapy. Blatt, Heather J.; Abel, Laurie J.; Stipetich, Robin L.; Galbreath, Robert W.; Lief, Jonathan H.; Butler, Wayne M.; Merrick, Gregory S. // Urologic Nursing;Oct2001, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p356
Examines bowel changes following prostate brachytherapy. Implantation of radioactive seeds into the prostate gland/periprostatic region; Impact of potentially curative treatments on bowel function; Role of the prostate brachytherapy nurse in the followup care of brachytherapy patients;...