The author responds
- Preceptors helping with remediation. Jenkins, Jo Ann // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
Presents a letter to the editor about the application of preceptors in helping nursing graduate students in the remediation program.
- LETTERS. Ralston, Allan; Smith, Malcolm; Naili, Melissa; Hunt, John; Lechmere, Judith; English, Gill; Hobson, Linda; Lockhart, Dougie // Nursing Standard;2/28/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article published in the February 2007 issue including the complains of nurses about losing their unique professional identity, about the efforts of Parkinson's disease nurse specialists in taking care of his father and about the...
- Development of an ICU Preceptor Program Based on the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care. S., Welch; C., Austin // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe6
An abstract of the article "Development of an ICU Preceptor Program Based on the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care," by S. Welch and C. Austin is presented.
- Reflecting on trauma. Baldock, Lynn // Nursing Standard;6/10/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p61
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending a preceptorship which was concerned with the management of post traumatic stress syndrome.
- Preceptorship: Shaping the Art of Nursing Through Practical Wisdom. Myrick, Florence; Yonge, Olive; Billay, Diane B.; Luhanga, Florence L. // Journal of Nursing Education;Mar2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p134
With so much emphasis having been focused on the development of nursing science and most recently on evidence- based practice, little attention has been directed toward the art of nursing or the practical wisdom that constitutes the spirit of that art. Practical wisdom is the performance of...
- Why we work side by side with student nurses. Swayne, Margaret // RN;Aug86, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p44
Describes how an experienced nurse helps a nursing student about hospital nursing through preceptorship program. Advice on improving nursing skills; Importance of preceptorship to a nursing program.
- Evelyn S. tries teaching. // RN;Jul77, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
Examines the case of a nurse appointed as a preceptor for nursing students assigned to her rural hospital. Evaluation of the nurse's performance as a teacher; Legal responsibility of the nurse for the nursing procedures performed by the students.
- How to turn a student or a colleague. Lee, Shannon // RN;Sep88, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on nursing preceptorship education. Determination of the tasks that nursing students are permitted to do; Importance of building learning opportunities for nursing students; Discussion of problems or complaints.
- Better nursing care through preceptorships. Maraldo, Pamela J. // RN;Mar77, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on preceptorship programs in the field of nursing. Factor that contributed to the growing interest on preceptorship programs; Concept of the preceptorship programs; Advantages of the programs.