Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- ACE Inhibitors Versus ARBs Versus DRIs: A Systematic Update. Smetana, Gerald // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p1586
A response from the author of "Newer is Not Always Better: All Antihypertensive Medications do not Equally Reduce Cardiovascular Risk" published in earlier issue of the journal is presented.
- Ergo-anthropometric Assessment. Salinas, Alberto Morales; Coca, Antonio; Lavie, Carl J.; Sierra-Johnson, Justo // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Oct2009, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p940
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article "Obesity and Cardiovascular Diseases: Risk Factor, Paradox, and Impact of Weight Loss" by Carl J. Lavie in the previous issue.
- Assessing Framingham cardiovascular risk scores in subjects with diabetes and their correlation with diabetic retinopathy. Roy, Parthasarathi // Indian Journal of Ophthalmology;Jan2013, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p40
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Assessing Framingham cardiovascular risk scores in subjects with diabetes and their correlation with diabetic retinopathy," published in a previous issue of the periodical is presented.
- Western model hands drugs to the lazy. Hodkinson, Alice // Pulse;1/26/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on "JBS to rip up Rules on Cardiovascular Risk" in the previous issue.
- THREE AUTHORS REPLY. Rich-Edwards, Janet W.; Manson, Joann E.; Hennekens, Charles H. // American Journal of Epidemiology;1996, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p708
A response from the authors is presented to a letter to the editor by Mary Walker and colleagues about their article "Height and the risk of cardiovascular disease in women" in a previous issue.
- Contradictions galore. Dwivedi, Shridhar // Indian Journal of Medical Specialities;Jan2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p76
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the effect of diet, alcohol, stress, and tobacco on cardiovascular diseases and diabetes prevention among the patients in India.
- The Cutoff Value of Fasting Plasma Glucose to Differentiate Frequencies of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in a Korean Population. Dong-Jun Kim; Jung-Hyun Noh; Kwang-Won Kim; Myung-Shik Lee; Moon-Kyu Lee; Nam-Han Cho // Diabetes Care;Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p3354
Presents a letter to the editor about the cutoff value of fasting plasma glucose to differentiate frequencies of cardiovascular risk factors in a Korean population.
- Application of Reynolds Risk Score for younger generation with different ethnicities. Kawada, T // Lupus;Oct2012, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1257
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Novel cardiovascular risk prediction models in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus" by V. K. Kawai and colleagues in the 2011 issue.
- Display of multiple factors. Lord, John R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;12/12/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7734, p1329
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Life Expectancy in Relation to Cardiovascular Risk Factors: 38 Year Follow-Up of 19,000 Men in the Whitehall Study," by R. Clarke, J. Emberson, A. Fletcher, E. Breeze, M. Marmot, and M. J. Shipley in the September 16, 2009 issue.