- Designing Systems To Decrease Noise. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/3/2003, Vol. 220 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on efforts to design systems that will counter the effects of noise pollution in classrooms. Development of a classroom acoustical design standard by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Committee on Noise; Process by which the ANSI standard test will be implemented; Offer...
- CISCA RELEASES ACOUSTICS REPORT FOR SCHOOLS. // Walls & Ceilings;Feb2010, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the white paper released by the Ceilings & Interior Systems Construction Association (CISCA) entitled "Acoustics in Schools" which targets design professionals who work to improve school environments. It states that acoustics play a vital role in a learning environment...
- Letters. Nordberg, Peter; Tate, Dane; Robair, Gino; McCaw, Ken; Chrostek, Henryk; Miller, Dennis; Clyman, Mitch // Electronic Musician;Jan2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles published in the previous issues including "Timing is Everything," in the August 2007 issue, "Capturing Big Sounds," in the November 2007 issue, and "Capturing Big Sounds."
- Editorial. Dodd, George // Building Acoustics;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, piii
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including acoustical design of music rooms, issues regarding the accuracy of measurement procedures for acoustical performance of materials, and the proper insulation of buildings from noise.
- Editorial. Dodd, George // Building Acoustics;Jun2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, preceding p105
The article discusses reports published within the issue; including communications section, "Comment and Opinion," and the "Letter to the Editor" column.
- Guest Editorial. Cabrera, Densil // Building Acoustics;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, pi
An introduction is presented in which the guest editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a statistical room acoustics theory, improvement of the ratio of accuracy to computational cost in geometrical acoustics, and psychological acoustics.
- Letters. // FRONT of HOUSE;Apr2010, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p2
Two letters are presented in response to previous articles including Jamie Rio's column on sound engineering in churches and "What Are YOU Worth" in the March 2010 issue.
- Comments on "Empirical Prediction of Speech Levels and Reverberation in Classrooms" [Build Acoust, 8(1), 1-14, 2001]. Shalkouhi, P. Jafari // Building Acoustics;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p139
The goal of this letter is to comments on the article "Empirical Prediction of Speech Levels and Reverberation in Classrooms" by Hodgson (2001). Hodgson proposed an empirical equation for prediction of classroom early decay time. Hodgson EDT equation with regard to the classroom ceiling height...
- Listen and Learn. FULLERTON, JEFFREY; NELSON, PEGGY // American School & University;Feb2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on the updated classroom acoustics standard of American national Standards Institute (ANSI) in the U.S. It discusses different aspects of the standard that was originally released in 2002, and revised and updated in 2010. It states that the new version includes two...