The Message Is Not the Median!
- Treatment of a severe extensive cutaneous chronic GVHD after allo-HSCT using glycerolyzed skin allografts and cultured epidermis from the same donor. Crocchiolo, R.; Nicolini, F.-E.; Sobh, M.; Ducastelle-Lepretre, S.; Labussiere, H.; Dubois, V.; Auxenfans, C.; Mojallal, A.; Damour, O.; Braye, F.; Michallet, M. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p1153
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the case of a 34-year-old woman with myelodysplastic syndrome-secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and underwent a treatment of extensive cutaneous graft-versus-host-disease (GVHD) through allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
- Pre-SCT serum ferritin is a prognostic factor in adult AML, but not ALL. Tachibana, T.; Tanaka, M.; Takasaki, H.; Numata, A.; Maruta, A.; Ishigatsubo, Y.; Kanamori, H. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1268
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the study on the potential significance of pre-stem cell transplantation (SCT) serum ferritin in the prognosis of all acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients.
- Donor-cell MDS in a 12-year-old girl 3 years after allogeneic hematopoietic SCT for MDS, both with a t(3;3)(q21;q26) cytogenetic aberration. Leguit, R. J.; van den Berg, H.; Buijs, A.; Mellink, C.; Bierings, M. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p908
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the case of a 12-year-old girl who acquired myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) after having an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (SCT).
- Pre-transplantation iron chelation in patients with MDS or acute leukemia and iron overload undergoing myeloablative allo-SCT. Armand, P; Sainvil, M-M; Kim, H T; Rhodes, J; Cutler, C; Ho, V T; Koreth, J; Alyea, E P; Neufeld, E J; Kwong, R Y; Soiffer, R J; Antin, J H // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jan2013, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p146
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the pre-transplantation iron chelation in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients undergoing myeloablative allo-stem cells transplantation (SCT).
- A fludarabine-based dose-reduced conditioning regimen followed by allogeneic stem cell transplantation from related or unrelated donors in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Kröger, N; Schetelig, J; Zabelina, T; Krüger, W; Renges, H; Stute, N; Schrum, J; Kabisch, H; Siegert, W; Zander, A R // Bone Marrow Transplantation;10/1/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p643
We investigated the feasibility and efficacy of a fludarabine-based dose-reduced conditioning regimen followed by stem cell transplantation from related (n = 5) or unrelated HLA-matched donors (n = 7) in 12 patients with high risk MDS, who were not eligible for a standard myeloablative...
- Bone marrow transplantation for myelodysplastic syndrome--who? when? and which? Luger, S.; Sacks, N. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/15/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p199
Focuses on stem cell transplantation in patients with myelodyplastic syndromes. Use of allogeneic bone marrow transplant in treating patients; Non-relapse mortality rate of patients; Appropriate conditioning regimen for patients undergoing transplant.
- Secondary myelodysplastic syndromes following peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: morphological, cytogenetic and clonality evaluation and the limitation of FAB criteria. Laurenti, L; d’Onofrio, G; Sica, S; Chiusolo, P; Zini, G; Piccirillo, N; Zolliino, M; Garzia, M; Sora, F; Leone, G // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/15/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p241
Comments on an article dealing with the diagnosis of secondary myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) following peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Information on morphological, cytogenetic and clonality evaluation and the limitation of FAB criteria. Confirmation on the statement that the...
- Human hematopoietic cell transplantation results in generation of donor-derived epithelial cells. Metaxas, Y; Zeiser, R; Schmitt-Graeff, A; Waterhouse, M; Faber, P; Follo, M; Bertz, H; Finke, J; Spyridonidis, A // Leukemia (08876924);Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1287
Presents a letter to the editor regarding the human hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Occult autologous haematopoietic regeneration without disease relapse following myeloablative allogeneic haematopoietic SCT for lymphomas. Au, W.-Y.; Lam, K. K. Y.; Leung, A. Y. H.; Liang, R. H. S.; Lie, A. K. W.; Kwong, Y.-L. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p1377
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses myeloablative allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (SCT) to a patient with leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome which resulted into autologous haematopoietic regeneration without disease relapse.