Beware: US-style health care has nasty edge for patients
- Meralgia paresthetica is not always an entrapment neuropathy. Iv��ez, Victor // Journal of Family Practice;May2004, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p420
Presents a letter to the editors, which contained comments to an article by Katherine Margo, Jonathan A. Drezner and Daphne Motzkin on the evaluation and management of hip pain.
- Meralgia paresthetica is not always an entrapment neuropathy. Margo, Katherine; Drezner, Jonathan A.; Motzkin, Daphne // Journal of Family Practice;May2004, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p420
Presents the response of the authors of the research article ï¿½Evaluation and Management of Hip Pain: An Algorithmic Approach,ï¿½ on the comments made by Victor Ivanez, who believed that meralgia paresthetica is not necessarily a benign entrapment neuropathy of the lateral femoral...
- Polyclinics: conveyor belts or vital reform? Levy, Max // Pulse;8/2/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 29, p18
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including one on polyclinics in the July 12, 2007 issue and another on healthcare for London, England by Ara Darzi in the July 12, 2007 issue.
- A Healthy Conversation. Phillips, William R. // Annals of Family Medicine;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p370
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues, including "The Unsustainable U.S. Health Care System," J. E. DeVoe, "Understanding Concordance in Patient-Physician Relationships," by R. L. Street et al, and an essay article about the suicide of a...
- LETTERS. O'Connor, Sally; Naylor, Shani; Austin, Mark // New Zealand Doctor;6/6/2007, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Nurses Want Out of General Practice," by Amanda Cameron in the May 23, 2007 issue, an article about the health related efforts of RNZCGP in the May 9, 2007 issue and the viewpoint column of Pippa...
- Readers' letters. Pilgrim, David; Koch, Tamar; Jones, Melvyn; Rose, Jeremy; Newton, Melvyn; Taylor-Onion, Rebecca; Lythgow, Jim // Health Matters;Spring2010, Issue 79, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented including the publication of the abridged section of the NHS Confederation paper on leadership, a response to the article "Quality of care in general practice," and factors which make good quality general practice.
- Letters. Woodburn, Bruce D.; Bonisteel, Paul; Lofsky, Stanley; Hill, Michael D.; Naglie, Gary; Goldlist, Barry; Etchells, Ed; Tomlinson, George; Prigent, Bernard M.; Lexchin, Joel; Spence, J. David; Oakley, Jr., Godfrey P.; Van den Hof, Michiel C.; Persad, Vidia L.; Marshall, Trevor G.; Hanley, David A.; Majeed, Azeem // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/15/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p845
Presents letters on medical subjects as of October 15, 2002. Reactions to previous article on the decline of family medicine; Evidence of parallel problems with stroke care and postoperative care for geriatric patients with hip fractures; Interaction of certain drugs and grapefruit; Importance...
- Worried about appraisals? Then become an appraiser. Kaminski, D. J. // Pulse;12/8/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 49, p22
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on issues related to general practice in the medical care in Great Britain. Significance of appraisals to general practice in the business sense; Benefits of the assessment system in the medical practice; General practitioners' indifference to the...
- Your letters, calls and emails... Miller, Lewis; Mohindra, Suman; Williams, Samantha // GP: General Practitioner;7/11/2008, p23
Several letters to the editor are presented citing readers' views on various issues relevant to general practice and medical care in Great Britain including the controversy surrounding polyclinics and their impact on the reputation of general practice, as well as a primetime television series on...