Acute Myocarditis Associated With Tetanus Vaccination
- Bite the bullet. Fearon, David // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jun2014, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p585
The article focuses on amulets and mentions an incident that happened at a clinic in Mauritania, West Africa where an ex-soldier prescribed with a tetanus vaccination refused it as he believed that the amulet in his body, which he had swallowed, will protect his wound from becoming sceptic.
- Rusty Nail or Hypodermic Needle - Prick and Choose. Carbonnel, Joel // Positive Health;Mar2013, Issue 204, p1
The article presents information related to tetanus. It is stated that tetanus is not contagious and is not the bacterium. It is mentioned that tetanus spore needs to be in non-vascularized to develop into a bacillus which will secrete its toxin and cause tetanus. It is noted that after a...
- BOOSTRIX. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p300
An encyclopedia entry for "BOOSTRIX," which refers to tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine, is presented.
- Tetanus vaccine. // Reactions Weekly;2/13/2010, Issue 1288, p37
The article describes a case of hypersensitivity, pancytopenia and myelodysplastic syndromes in a 43-year-old woman induced by the thiomersal in the tetanus vaccine she received.
- Are your tetanus shots up-to-date? Bailey, Janet // Good Housekeeping;Mar2005, Vol. 240 Issue 3, p57
Presents information on tetanus vaccine. Percentage of people who may not be getting the booster every ten years as advised according to physician Susan Rehm; Presence of tetanus in soil; Significance of the vaccine to an individual according to Rehm.
- Tetanoz AÅŸÄ±sÄ± Kompleks BÃ¶lgesel AÄŸrÄ± Sendromuna Neden Olabilir mi? Durmuş, Oğuz; Dandinoğlu, Taner; Çakar, Engin; Dinçer, Ümit; Tekin, Levent; Kıralp, Mehmet Zeki // Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Sciences / Fizikse;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is characterized by pain, allodynia, hyperalgesia, autonomic and vasomotor dysfunction which arise on the distal of extremity. There are many factors reported in the literature that causes CRPS. It commonly emerges after minor traumas. CRPS after vaccination...
- Impacto epidemiologico y economico de la vacunacion contra el tetanos en adultos de Colombia. Alvis, Nelson; De La Hoz, Fernando; Gamboa, Oscar; Cediel, Natalia; Rico, Alejandro; Paternina, angel; Alvis, Luis // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Sep2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p209
Objective. Assess the potential epidemiological and economic impact of vaccinating the over-15 Colombian population against tetanus with a booster dose every 10 years. Methods. A cost-effectiveness analysis of tetanus vaccination with a booster dose every 10 years was conducted in Colombia and...
- Maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination in Bali and Java, Indonesia, 2010. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/26/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 48, p479
No abstract available.
- The occasional corneal foreign body. Hutten-Czapski, Peter // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Winter2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
The article presents step-by-step instructions that physicians can use to remove a corneal foreign body from a patient's eye.