- Letters. Schaffer, Wylie A.; Rossi, Margot; Rosenberg, Gwen; Fuller, Christa; Lennon, Susan; Kolo, Fred; Westphal, Amy // Gourmet;Jun2009, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Happy Trails," by Lori De Mori in the March 2009 issue, "No Such Thing as a Free Lunch," in the April 2009 issue, and an article by Marisa Robertson-Textor on the women who grew up during the Great...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Willman, Linda; Robinett, JoAnne; Scheuermann, Sara // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the November 15, 2007 issue including "NSLP Still Goes Begging" and the "Opinion" columns.
- Participation in the federally funded summer-meals program. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p2
Reports on the response of children to the federally funded summer-meals program in school as stated by the findings of a Food Research and Action Center study.
- There are no free lunches--except in Philadelphia. Kruglik, Marla // Curriculum Review;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p18
Reports Philadelphia School District's free lunches served to its students. Profits; Sponsors; Plans.
- Block grant funding could slice and dice school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) in the United States. Benefits of the program; Proposal in the US Congress to block grant funding; Effects of the block grant funding on the school's foodservice.
- Go ahead, make my lunch. Oleck, Joan // Restaurant Business;7/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the United States government-sponsored National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Competition among fastfood chain operators; Contract foodservice groups' support for fastfood companies' entry into the project; Opposition to the fastfood companies' inclusion in the project. INSET: What's...
- 50th anniversary of lunch program marked. // Education Week;6/12/96, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p23
Presents a photograph related to the 50th anniversary of the federal school-lunch program. Presence of administration officials.
- Eligible Children Still Missing Summer Meals. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;08/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p15
Focuses on the report 'Hunger Doesn't Take a Vacation,' by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC). Progress of the summer nutrition initiatives Summer Food Service Program and the National School Lunch Program; Number of school children that were reached by the programs in 1999; Provision...
- Upfront QUIZ 1. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);3/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 11, pT5
Presents a quiz related to school-lunch programs in the U.S.