- Drug Deals. Aschkenasy, Janet // Financial Planning;Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p77
Focuses on the role of financial planners in helping their clients through the enrollment process of Medicare Part D, a coverage for prescription drugs. Problems with Medicare Part D; Factors to consider in choosing a managed-care plan; Key facts financial planners need to know to help their...
- Letters. Abeel, John H.; Cassidy, Allen; Jurss, Diana // Drug Topics;Sep2012, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Medicaid Payments," by Ken Baker and "Stand Up and Make Yourself Heard," discussing the need of unionization for pharmacists, in the July 2012 issue, and one offering tips for pharmacists.
- Letters to the Editor. Shapiro, Milton; Davis, Gregory J.; Rothman, Lynn; Malamut, Sidney; Eble, Karen; Shpiner, Ruthanne; Carter, Johnnie C. // Progressive;Oct2006, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Outrage and Shame," in the September 2006 issue, "The Israeli-American Invasion of Lebanon," in the September 2006 issue, and "Medicaid Loses Out and the Disabled Take the Hit," by Kai Wright, in...
- To Your Health. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p18
The author reflects on the need for financial advisors to consider the healthcare needs of their clients. She argues that concerns about healthcare expenses affect most U.S. citizens, even the affluent. She claims that considering the healthcare needs of clients is a good way to enhance...
- are your CLIENTS covered? O'Brien, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p68
The article reports on the entry of some U.S. financial planners into the complex and expensive market for individual health insurance. The author claims that financial planners have decided to enter the market because ignoring the importance of health insurance can derail even the best-laid...
- Healthy, Wealthy and Wise. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p95
The article reports on the important role played by financial advisors in providing second opinion on the choices faced by affluent clients concerning the management of their medical costs. The author argues that as the so-called consumer-directed health plans are becoming popular among U.S....
- The making of a profession. List, Cary // CA Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the growth of CFP-designated professionals in Canada, with the development of new, relevant standards of competency and proficiency in financial planning. Release of first set of generally accepted financial planning principles in Canada, by the Financial Planners Standards Council...
- Opinions Letters. Hamilton, Jeffrey; Kiser, James; Gingras, Shane; McManus, Michael; McDermott, Steve // Modern Healthcare;6/9/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p29
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "McKesson Corp. Sued for Alleged Price-Fixing' in the May 30, 2008 issue, "Up to 37% of Medicaid Claims Rejected After NPI" in the May 30, 2008 issue, and "Market Therapy" in the March 31, 2008 issue.
- Quality of care in Medicaid managed care vs commercial managed care plans. O'Kane, Margaret E. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/10/2004, Vol. 291 Issue 10, p1195
Presents a letter to the editor in response to a study on the "Quality of care for children in commercial and Medicaid managed care" by J.W. Thompson, K.W. Ryan, S.D. Pinidiya, and J.E. Bost.